Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which team has the best chance to stop Australia??

State Regular

Which team has the best chance to stop Australia??

Which team do you guys think has the most chance of knocking out Australia in WC (semis or final)?? Both in terms of talent and mental toughness, which team do you think is well equipped to do that??
    ------------------------------------

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    South africa - they got Jonty
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Spectator
    Originally posted by age_master
    South africa - they got Jonty

South Africa will fail against Australia as they simply can't handle the pressure applied by the Australians.

I think Black Caps can knock off Australia, they are capable of doing that and have been doing it in the recent past!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Sri Lanka can only because they have some good experience, and the West Indies have the batting line up to chase a huge total under pressure in a big game.

Realistically it is South Africa or Pakistan.

Pakistan subject to playing normally

Past records reflect that South Africa have lost to Australia more tiems then they have won, specially in pressure games.

Pakistan may not have the edge on current form, but they look to have the potential to stop the Aussies. They didn't have as good as a followup to the world cup as they did in 99, but they have done it before.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Originally posted by Gotchya
    Past records reflect that South Africa have lost to Australia more tiems then they have won
    Who hasn't?
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Pinball Champion!
    I think South Africa, Pakistan and India are the only teams that are capable of stopping the Aussies at the moment.

I think India who have guys like Sehwag, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kaif and Harbhajan could spring a surprise or two. But they must all fire at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Spectator
    Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
    Who hasn't?

Man to man, Proteas is the only side that can match Australia, others simply can't!! Therefore its amazing to see SA losing consistently to Australia .In the words of Glen, SA simply loses the match even before the match has actually started, if that's the attitude SA posses, then they can only hope for a miracle to save them in the matches against Australia!

State Regular
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    I think South Africa, Pakistan and India are the only teams that are capable of stopping the Aussies at the moment.

I think India who have guys like Sehwag, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kaif and Harbhajan could spring a surprise or two. But they must all fire at the same time!

I agree with you on India ( irrespective of the opinion of some naive pundits on this forum:rolleyes: ) i think India remains a dangerous side that can beat any side if its star batters fires.Unfortunately Indian batsmen have been going thogh bad patch and therefore i don't have much hopes from Indian team, but if they do regain their form quickly, then India might create a big upset in WC!

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Yeah, well cricket's a funny game, with Bevan and Watson out, and McGrath feeling ginger, anything is possible.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Srilanka dominate anyone on their day, and remember did beat ust with a bonus point at the SCG

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by age_master
    Srilanka dominate anyone on their day, and remember did beat ust with a bonus point at the SCG

On its day most of the teams can beat Australia, not just SL. SL,Pak,NZ,Ind and SA, all have beaten Australia in recent past in a game or two!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by Choora
    I agree with you on India ( irrespective of the opinion of some naive pundits on this forum:rolleyes: ) i think India remains a dangerous side that can beat any side if its star batters fires.
    Don't try and provoke things.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Originally posted by Choora
    I agree with you on India ( irrespective of the opinion of some naive pundits on this forum:rolleyes: ) i think India remains a dangerous side that can beat any side if its star batters fires.Unfortunately Indian batsmen have been going thogh bad patch and therefore i don't have much hopes from Indian team, but if they do regain their form quickly, then India might create a big upset in WC!
    ...likewise they are a fragile team and are just as likely to fall in a heap and get no where.
    The subcontinent teams are dangerous in that sense cause they can beat the best and then lose to mediocre teams in the space of a few days (ive never been sure as to why that is though)

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Well Don, its because of inconsistency and a desire to win. After they beat a strong team (ie. Australia) and then they face a Zimbabwe they get complacent and a bit cocky, and dont play with the same intensity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information