• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Predictions

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
My Predictions

Winner: Australia

Final: Aus vs Pak

Semi Finalists: Aus, Pak, Sri lanka, New Zealand

Leading Run Scorer: Hayden, Shewag or Jayasuria

Leading Wicket Taker: McGrath

Highest individual Score: Gilchrist

Player of the Tournament: Shewag

Biggest Surprise(Player): Oram

Biggest Flop(Player): Bond

Biggest Surprise(Team): New Zealand

Biggest Flop(Team): India

V Reddy

International Debutant
Winner - Australia
Final - Australia vs India/Pakistan
Semis - Australia , SAF , NZ and IN/PAK
L Runs - Gibbs/Ponting
L Wickets - Zaheer,Shoiab,Ntini,Lee.
Highest S - Jayasuriya/Ganguly
Player of T - Ponting/Kallis
Biggest S - Ganguly
Biggest F - Knight
Biggest S - WI
Biggest F - India/Pakistan

Eclipse

International Debutant
Winner: Australia

Finalsts: Australia Vs Soth Africa
Semis: Australia, NZ, WI, South Africa.
Leading Run scorer: R. Ponting
Leading Wicket taker: Gillespie
Highest score: C. Gayle
Player of the Tournement: R. Ponting
Biggest supprise: S. Watson
Biggest failure: Harmisonn
Biggest supprise team: West Indies.
Biggest fope team: India

Why did some people pick Kallis and Dravid as players to get the highest scores? there both more solid players rather than ones that can blast a 150+ score.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Winner: New Zealand
Final: Australia vs NZ

Leading Run Scorer: Hayden
Leading Wicket Taker: Akhter/McGrath
Highest individual Score: Jaques Kallis

Player of the Tournament: Cairns
Biggest Surprise(Player): Z Khan
Biggest Flop(Player): Harmless Son
Biggest Surprise(Team): West Indies
Biggest Flop(Team): Obviously it will be England:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
warrioryohannan said:
Winner: New Zealand
Biggest Flop(Team): Obviously it will be England:D
Winner...New Zealand...right...that got anything to do with them thrashing "unbeatable" India? ;) New Zealand won't win, but they will do well.

England...why England when you've got such an amazingly in-form Indian team? ;)

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Rik said:
Winner...New Zealand...right...that got anything to do with them thrashing "unbeatable" India? ;) New Zealand won't win, but they will do well.

NZ might and might not win the cup, thats remains to be seen.

England is NOT going to even make it to the super six (unless Pak plays crap and England beat them) India on the other hand will definately make it to the super six!!

BTW, I just read somewhere that England haven't beaten Australia since 4 years in ODI:O :O :O , WOW!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
warrioryohannan said:
NZ might and might not win the cup, thats remains to be seen.

England is NOT going to even make it to the super six (unless Pak plays crap and England beat them) India on the other hand will definately make it to the super six!!

BTW, I just read somewhere that England haven't beaten Australia since 4 years in ODI:O :O :O , WOW!
Yes, but England only have to play one match against Australia. I don't know how you can slagg England off saying they will be the biggest flop when Sri Lanka and India and Pakistan all have had poor run-ups to the World Cup, whilst England have had a pretty good one.

I think if you look at all the teams Australia have played lately, not many of them have won many matches against them. Yes, even "mighty" India...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
I'm guessing he's discounting India since any poor performances will be expected going on current form, so they won't be a flop!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
warrioryohannan said:
Right, just so this is retained for posterity, I will quote it (to save any editting mid-Tournament when he's proved wrong)

As I see it, there's 4 teams now competing for 2 spots (since all 3 of Pak, Eng and Ind are playing pretty poorly, Zim now come into the equation) - as for which 2 get there, well, I don't think Zim will quite (assuming everyone actually plays there) and I also think one of the Asian sides will be going home early.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well I agree with Rick and Marc its totaly stupid to discount England I see them as being just as good if not better than India in SA conditions.

My feeling is India will be a major disapointment because they just cant handle fast bouncy wickets were as England should be very compeditive.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Rik said:
I think if you look at all the teams Australia have played lately, not many of them have won many matches against them. Yes, even "mighty" India...
Well out of the last 6 ODI matches between India and Aus, India has won 3 and Aus has won 3. The score is even.

SL has won 2 and lost 2 in the last four against Aus.

Eclipse

International Debutant
yeah but look back a little fether than those last few mathes.

Also you will find all the victorys against Australia were in the subcontenent.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Winner: South Africa - It's just their year I think.

Final: South Africa vs Australia

Leading Run Scorer: Chris Gayle, Virender Sehwag, Nick Knight

Leading Wicket Taker: Murali, Shaun Pollock

Highest individual Score: Sachin Tendulkar

Player of the Tournament: Jacques Kallis

Biggest Surprise(Player): Damien Martyn

Biggest Flop(Player): Rahul Dravid

Biggest Surprise(Team): West Indies

Biggest Flop(Team): Sri Lanka

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Eclipse said:
yeah but look back a little fether than those last few mathes.

Also you will find all the victorys against Australia were in the subcontenent.
Well they are the matches played in this decade(starting with the 2000/01 season)....and yes out of those six matches, 5 were played in India and 1 in Nairobi. I was just giving the stats compared to the apparent jinx for England versus Australia, no matter where the matches are played.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie_beater said:
Well they are the matches played in this decade(starting with the 2000/01 season)....and yes out of those six matches, 5 were played in India and 1 in Nairobi. I was just giving the stats compared to the apparent jinx for England versus Australia, no matter where the matches are played.
Why should relative performances against Aus matter?

All sides play them once in the group, and will almost certainly lose, so they all cancel each other out!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
Sachin got out for only 2 batting at number 4, that's the danger he faces if he bats so low, it's best if he has time to play himself in rather than going on the slog IMO, as if he gets in he could get a larger score rather than Sehwag getting a quick 70 or so. Also Sachin can battle through a bad patch in the innings, Ganguly and Sehwag are more likely to try and hit their way out of it and get out.

Also look at the bottom of the Indian bowler's list...RR Singh with 5-31...I'm still not sure why they dropped him...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
Also look at the bottom of the Indian bowler's list...RR Singh with 5-31...I'm still not sure why they dropped him...
isnt he about 250 years old now anyway
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: