• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Court bid to stop umpire

Bazza

International 12th Man
I'm not sure fast twitch muscle fibres are particularly relevant, anyway the laws are there in black and white, so all Hair would just be saying he is breaking the laws of the game. Whether those laws are right or wrong rests with the ICC, but he breaks the laws and SHOULD get called for no balling every match.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Laws say the arm can't straighten at the delivery point.

Murali goes past straight.

Funny how Aussies never get animated over Brett Lee......

Cloete

International Captain
yeah b-coz brett lee AND shoab akhtar both bowl with hyperextending elbows. therefore they are not bending their arm. murali starts off with a bent arm then straightens that is illegal and he should be called for breaking the rules. therefore darryl heir is correct in no-balling him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was half expecting them to refer something to Hair today and he gives it not out due to being a no ball!

Cloete

International Captain
well if those pictures r correct then his action is legal. btw he bowled bloody sensational last night!:!( :!(

Bazza

International 12th Man
Actually for me his arm is in varying degrees of "bentness" there, so he is changing that variable. At the end of the day the ICC could have made everything much easier by saying Murali has to change his action, same with Lee, same with Shoaib... if you make it black and white there is no room for abuse.

Wazztodd

Cricket Spectator
I'm unconvinced that Murali's action (where to me his arm remains somewhat bent all the time) is giving him an advantage. His flexible wrists seem to be the biggest factor on the amount of turn he gets, to me. And he still has to put it on the spot, vary his flight etc. Try "throwing" down some offies in the nets. Generally they turn less in my experience, and are a nightmare to bowl accurately.

As for a "disability" (or more accurately, different from the average human ability) giving a player an advantage, where do you draw the line? Does Sobers' outrageously quick reflexes and hand -eye co-ordination count? I guess you can argue that Sobers' "extra - abilities" were within the laws, but I'm convinced that Murali's are also.
I've done a complete turnaround on this, btw, for years I considered him a chucker and a cheat, till I took the time to really study his action. Great bowler, good luck to him.
Hair and any other umpire won't call him again. To big a can of worms. The ICC has cleared his action, end of story.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Wazztodd said:
Cheers.

That's my latest contribution to the human populous, Lucy age 9 months.
Number 10!! :O
You mean child number 10? Errrmm...sheeh..

Wazztodd

Cricket Spectator
Scary huh?

One more and I got me a team!

Though if they let me play I've got one already I guess...:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Wazztodd said:
Scary huh?

One more and I got me a team!

Though if they let me play I've got one already I guess...:D
Dammit your quick to answer!

Well I think you can be our senior member now that Eddie's gone off again...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Wazztodd said:
Well cos I've got nothing better to do than sit around on the pc, watching all these kids trash my house!

Lol
10...that is scary!!!

So that's you in the pic?

Well...they're your kids = your fault if they make a mess :P

Wazztodd

Cricket Spectator
Yup, that's me tryna type.

Was posting my first reply earlier today and couldn't come up with a decent (or clean) avatar, so I just took a pic.

I blame their mother for the mess. And pretty much everything else :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Wazztodd said:
Yup, that's me tryna type.

Was posting my first reply earlier today and couldn't come up with a decent (or clean) avatar, so I just took a pic.

I blame their mother for the mess. And pretty much everything else :D
I'm not married so I am yet to taste that style of sarcasm. ;)