• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Four teams for the semi-finals!

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
which four teams do you think will qualify for the semi-finals?
I think the four teams would be:
1:Australia
2:South Africa
3: Pakistan
4:Sri lanka.
And for the finals
South Africa and Pakistan. :)

[Edited on 5/12/2002 by wasims_fan]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I notice the Absence of India from those lists ;) ain't ya heard the news? They are going to win!!! :lol::lol::lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
(In no particular order)

AUS
SA
IND
NZ

Whoever wins from there is more on luck though IMO...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia
South Africa
Pakistan
(and if they sort themselves out) Sri Lanka (they are former winners and with Murali, they seem to gain confidence)

nehrafan

Banned
Well "waseemFan" did enter India's name, but he edited the post twice as he knew that once India goes the semis, they will then definately win the semi and the final as well!

Just for the records, the final will be between India and England;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by nehrafan

Well "waseemFan" did enter India's name, but he edited the post twice as he knew that once India goes the semis, they will then definately win the semi and the final as well!

Nooo...if India reach the Semi's then they will meet Australia and get canned...

Originally posted by Rik

Nooo...if India reach the Semi's then they will meet Australia and get canned...
Are Aussies granted the right to choose their oponents in Semis? otherwise how does one know that Aus will play with India in semis?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by TendulkarMark2
Originally posted by Rik

Are Aussies granted the right to choose their oponents in Semis? otherwise how does one know that Aus will play with India in semis?
I ment to say "...or South Africa" and I say those 2 because they are the top 2 teams in the world. Hell maybe India would meet Pakistan or Sri Lanka? Either way I think they would struggle.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think you'll find that the final 4 in the World Cup will be different to what everyone is suggesting...

Choora

State Regular
Originally posted by marc71178
(In no particular order)

AUS
SA
IND
NZ

Whoever wins from there is more on luck though IMO...
I agree with Mark's list, good 2 see Mark realising that India should be in the top 4 teams.Really, with the batting lineup they have , India will go all the way and win the championship!

:saint::)

Eclipse

International Debutant
Forget about there batting.

Its no better than Australias batting at least it wont be on SA pitches.

I agree India should make the semies but dont be supprised if they get slughterd by SA or Australia.

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by Eclipse
Forget about there batting.

Its no better than Australias batting at least it wont be on SA pitches.

I agree India should make the semies but dont be supprised if they get slughterd by SA or Australia.
Going by the history (fav's and home team have never won a cup) ppl shouldn't be much surprised if India beat SA or Aus in semis!!

I know ppl have been saying all along that Indian bowling is weak and can't get opponets out, but oneday games are so unpredictable that one can never be certain.I for one believe that SA will lose either in semis or the finals, it has more to do with choking than their cricketing ability.Steven Waugh always reminds SA of their choking weakness b4 playing a match with them.

And finally, its not necessary that the best team wins the championship!

[Edited on 1/12/2002 by SRTgrSDB]

V Reddy

International Debutant
Remember India beat Aus and Saf in Nairobi 2yrs back in the champions trophy. It was a green and bouncy wicket. India also beat Saf a year back in Saf in which the Indian Bowling won the match. They are not unbeatable but it takes some doing.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Remember India beat Aus and Saf in Nairobi 2yrs back in the champions trophy. It was a green and bouncy wicket. India also beat Saf a year back in Saf in which the Indian Bowling won the match. They are not unbeatable but it takes some doing.
That was to years ago but I still see your point.

However dont think India are going to be compeditive consistently against Australia on souch a pitch.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I agree with Mark's list, good 2 see Mark realising that India should be in the top 4 teams.Really, with the batting lineup they have , India will go all the way and win the championship!
I don't think getting to the semi's will guarantee a victory, they've choked in a lot of finals recently...