• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Four teams for the semi-finals!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is getting ridiculous and annoying, all this "faith" in the Indian team. As I said before, I can't wait for the WC. It'll be a good laugh to see the outcome of these predictions.:lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Originally posted by Eclipse
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Remember India beat Aus and Saf in Nairobi 2yrs back in the champions trophy. It was a green and bouncy wicket. India also beat Saf a year back in Saf in which the Indian Bowling won the match. They are not unbeatable but it takes some doing.
That was to years ago but I still see your point.

However dont think India are going to be compeditive consistently against Australia on souch a pitch.
I too know that India will not consistently do that. But you never know once it comes to the super six anything can happen.

I go for

AUS
IND
PAK
NZ

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Australia and South Africa are near certainties.

Then, it's two from
India
Pakistan
England
Sri Lanka
West Indies
New Zealand

And that's a very hard call... India should on the fact that they'll have enough good days, and secondly... erm... why not the West Indies.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
If Pakistan end up on the better side in the next tour, the call will be easier, if they lose up then indeed it is anyone's call

Choora

State Regular
Originally posted by marc71178
I agree with Mark's list, good 2 see Mark realising that India should be in the top 4 teams.Really, with the batting lineup they have , India will go all the way and win the championship!
I don't think getting to the semi's will guarantee a victory, they've choked in a lot of finals recently...
There are no guarantees in oneday cricket.Each and every team that enters the semis will have a chance, one bad game and you are out of the tour, even the best of team can lose to an inferior team on a bad day!

Choora

State Regular

However dont think India are going to be compeditive consistently against Australia on souch a pitch.
India won't be playing a oneday series for which consistency is required against Aus.We are talking about one off game, may it be in the semis or the Finals, certainly India can win it!!!!

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
This is getting ridiculous and annoying, all this "faith" in the Indian team. As I said before, I can't wait for the WC. It'll be a good laugh to see the outcome of these predictions.:lol:
Going by the WC history, predictions of the winner (the favourite) have always been proven wrong.Which means you have been laughing on each occasion!
BTW, did u had a good laugh on the occasion of '83 final???
;)

Well 3 teams are almost certain to reach the semis,

Aus,SA and India.

The remaining slot can go to teams like NZ,SL,Pak and WI. I personally think it will be NZ.

Team with no chance are Bang and Zimb!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ's ODI form as of late..has been..err woeful to say the least.

But one thing is, is that NZ actually do perform quite well in the World Cup & for the past 3 World Cups have made the semi's.

So despite recent set-backs in ODI's, I still think NZ have a chance of making the final 4..if you take into account recent WC history.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Not likely. I would say

Aus
SA
Ind/NZ/Pak

SL, Eng and WI will need to really perform to push for a semi place.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There are no guarantees in oneday cricket.Each and every team that enters the semis will have a chance, one bad game and you are out of the tour, even the best of team can lose to an inferior team on a bad day!
Getting excuses in early?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well 3 teams are almost certain to reach the semis,

Aus,SA and India.
I think you're over-rating India there - if they underperform against either or both of Pak and Eng, they'll be gonners!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Remember India beat Aus and Saf in Nairobi 2yrs back in the champions trophy. It was a green and bouncy wicket. India also beat Saf a year back in Saf in which the Indian Bowling won the match. They are not unbeatable but it takes some doing.

They don't have to be. They just have to get it together on that one day which they are capable of.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Aus and SA are near certainties in the semis barring major shocks. The other 2 semi-finalists should come from Ind, NZ, Pak, SL, WI, Eng more or less in that order of probability.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by marc71178
They don't have to be. They just have to get it together on that one day which they are capable of.
Won't it be 2 days, as in Group and knockout?
Maybe, the group match is certain to happen, the knockout match is not. Even if they lose the group match, they can still make the super 6 and the semis and in a knockout, the result can be reversed(if infact they meet). It can also go the other way, sure, but Indians are capable of beating Australians in SA, that's all what I am saying.

Eclipse

International Debutant
You are right in saying India are capable of beating Australia in SA but Australia are still even more capable of beating India.

India can and are capable of doing it but an Australian Victory is more likley.