Thread: One Day Round 4 Previews

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!

Icon14 One Day Round 4 Previews

Division 2

Queensland vs Tamil Nadu

Prior to round 1 I suspected these two sides would be the ones to beat. Tamil Nadu have lived up to their billing, Queensland have done anything but. Queensland have to win here, or they'll very quickly find themselves in a relegation scrap. For the two time division one champions to find themselves in division 3, it'd be a real shock. Tamil Nadu after some a couple of rough years in the one day game, look set to rock back into division 1 for the first time since season 2. Andrew Cloete has the side on a roll. They are the favourites to win division 2 and they have every right to have that name.

The names Birch, Chandrasekhar and Cardew put concern on the mind of any bowler. It certainly more daunting than what Queensland have to offer when you consider the likes of Beasley, Bradshaw, and Maher. For mine hopes must lie with young Bradshaw. He's got to preform and if he can't, Queensland could face a repeat of the disaster against Warwickshire

Bowling wise Tamil Nadu have the better hand again. Weekes is backed up by Kumble and Pandit. They're a top unit and should be able to contain Queensland. Queensland will look to Salvi to bring them hope. If he can't preform, well, they're fielders will have some work to do...

Tamil Nadu Win

Western Australia vs Warwickshire

Western Australia are certainly the weakest team on paper in this division but perhaps there is hope. However they've lost Marsden for the season which is a massive blow. Warwickshire are looking like the side to challenge Tamil Nadu and have every reason to believe they'll be too hot for the Western Australians.

Rai Singh, I guess, will be the man Western Australia put their faith in. However its faith won be easy to go by. Whereas the Birmingham side can look to likes of Rowell, Howarth, Kripal Singh and Upton Wilmott. Certainly Warwickshire have the best batting lineup.

Bowling wise Warwickshire have got Mike Pascoe in raging form, picking up 14 wickets for 83 runs, figures I feel that are up their Weekes remarkable 8 wickets for 12. Anyhow Pascoe is backed up by top preformers Gregson and Nelson. Things wont be easy for West Australia. Perhaps if Caddick or Gillespie get going Western Australia might find some hope. But they can bowl only 20 overs between them, and their backup is not of the same class.

Warwickshire comfortably

Colts vs Kent

Colts after some solid form in recent seasons must really fight if they want to return for another dig in division 3 in season 6. Season 5 is their 3rd season in this division. In all fairness their season has got to be about securing their division 2 status. With an easy win over Western Australia, they were beaten comfortably by Tamil Nadu and Warwickshire. Two big tests follow in the next two weeks with show downs against Kent this week and next week Queensland. If they can win these games, they'll be set in my opinion and should be able to build on it to stay out of the bottom two. Two defeats however will have them right amongst it in a real scrap. Kent have been quiet of late. After relegation from division 1 last season, they've yet to make any real impact this season recording only 1 victory. However I feel they've got the strength to rise above this and finish in the top 4 at worst.

Kent's boast a top top 3 with likes of Hemp, Jenkins and Stratton. But Colts have every chance of containing them though. It'll all depend on how they contain these 3 players. If Lee and Beasley can get them early then they'll be on their way and certainly in the game. If Hemp or Jenkins get going then Colts can start ****ting themselves.

Colts batting lineup has for sometime been based the talent of Anderson. He is a great player and will hoping he can use that greatness this weekend. Madanagopal and Troughton are Anderson's main back up. If they can come to the party then Colts are in with a shout. It will be no easy party to come to though. Hawkins, Dyer and Stratton will be intent on stopping any runs coming from the Colts' bats. If they get a sniff, Colts might find they're invitation canceled (lol).

Kent win

Future Prospects

Tamil Nadu and Warwickshire has already opened up a 4 point lead on 4th. Everything suggests they'll form the top 2, the only question being who will finish 1st and gain automatic promotion to division 1? Last season the honours were shared 1-1, but Warwickshire with more convincing wins and slightly better form got home and took the title. Their clash in round 5 potentially could decide the title has neither side looks troubled at all. It hard to call, but if your going by stats Tamil Nadu might just scrap by a nose...

Kent look a good bet to finish 3rd. They finally got the ball rolling with a last round. They've got some excellent players, and this should see them finish a distant 3rd.

The relegation battle will be a 3 way affair. With still 7 games to go Queensland I'd give the best chance of escaping the bottom two. Sure they've lost all 3 games, and they;ve been pretty much smashed in those 3 games, I do think they've got a side which if it pulls together will pull them home. Colts will come in fifth. I get the feeling winning games is going to prove hard for them and come the conclusion of round ten they won have won enough. Western Australia seem to be on the slide. They don't seem as strong as past Western Australian sides. After opening with a win they've been manhandled twice. Division 3 awaits them for season 6, and division 4 is a certian possibility for season 7 that's right...

1. Tamil Nadu
    2. Warwickshire
    3. Kent
    4. Queensland
    5. Colts
    6. Western Australia
    Last edited by nibbs; 29-09-2004 at 09:03 PM.
    "Matt Damon"

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    i'll do the division 1 in a minute mate
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

International Vice-Captain
    Good work nibbs...im glad these are back, been meaning to ask why they've stopped

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    it comes down to whether i can be bothered basically...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P
    Good work nibbs...im glad these are back, been meaning to ask why they've stopped
    it's quite a lot of work for me mate and when u do it all urself it involves a lot of research and stuff. it takes about 2 and a half hours to do and when u're not reporting on your own team and on some other random team who probably won't even read your post it's a bit hard...

but i'll do some in a sec.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    it's quite a lot of work for me mate and when u do it all urself it involves a lot of research and stuff. it takes about 2 and a half hours to do and when u're not reporting on your own team and on some other random team who probably won't even read your post it's a bit hard...

but i'll do some in a sec.

Perhaps it would be easier if someone from each division did the match previews from each division, they would know a fair bit about each team and it would take a bit of time off you guys. But if you are happy to do or don't want others to do it, just Let It Be.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

i'd love something like that to happen but would people be willing?

if not i'm going to revert to a broncoman style weekly wrap format
    Last edited by Slats4ever; 29-09-2004 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nibbs
    Division 2

The relegation battle will be a 3 way affair. With still 7 games to go Queensland I'd give the best chance of escaping the bottom two. Sure they've lost all 3 games, and they;ve been pretty much smashed in those 3 games, I do think they've got a side which if it pulls together will pull them home. Colts will come in fifth. I get the feeling winning games is going to prove hard for them and come the conclusion of round ten they won have won enough. Western Australia seem to be on the slide. They don't seem as strong as past Western Australian sides. After opening with a win they've been manhandled twice. Division 3 awaits them for season 6, and division 4 is a certian possibility for season 7 that's right...

1. Tamil Nadu
    2. Warwickshire
    3. Kent
    4. Queensland
    5. Colts
    6. Western Australia
    WA got a new manager now bud, if we slip to div 4 in season 7 i will quit
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts
    WA got a new manager now bud, if we slip to div 4 in season 7 i will quit
    Real mature attitude that.
    eep.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by AUST_HiTMaN
    Real mature attitude that.
    yup...but don't worry, I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't all have that attitude(actually, i think none of us have that attitude)...actually, I would, but Northern Districts can't slip any lower

whats worng withthat attitude, clearly if we drop to that division, someone should be given a chance cos clearly my managing skills arent up to the required level

Hmm... I picked up (effectively) a WA team in Divison 1 OD and Division 3 FC And got them promoted in FC but Relagated in OD Good managing or not?
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Thread Information