• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wcc cup 1st round

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
as per blewys post in the team thread with only 5 teams posting all 5 teams go straight through however we did run some games with the results to follow.

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fourth one-day win on the trot for the Tigers. Our bowlers are just ripping anything apart, and nobody can get the lower order out (though the middle and top needs to get straightened up a bit...)

bluespottyzebra

Cricket Spectator
OK - unfair police alert!!!

So even though Cairo weren't in the competition, because they posted a team into the cup team sheet thread when they weren't supposed to they went through to round 2!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe thats unfair on other academy managers who weren't in the draw and would have submitted a team sheet for the game if they knew they could e.g Amsterdam!!!!!

Maybe if I posted a team I would have had a game as well. I think the board need to think a bit harder about this one.

Disgruntled Amsterdam manager

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
again, its got to do with the random order we oringally chose, cairo, who's manager has posted every week was 11th on the list, but i agree, u should consider yourself very unlucky mate...

Cloete

International Captain
I think that's a bit harsh... in fact that's shocking. Surely we can come up with something?

Simon

we did, with 14 teams and 10 spots it was never going to fit was it, in our opinion this what the fairest way, unlucky for the ones that missed out, but it just turned out that way...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
we did, with 14 teams and 10 spots it was never going to fit was it, in our opinion this what the fairest way, unlucky for the ones that missed out, but it just turned out that way...
Idea: Cairo and Amsterdam (as I think they're the only ones who have complained/made an XI post) play off for the first round spot in the cup if Amsterdam get a team in in 24 hours. How does that sound?

Simon

mate, in all honesty its probably up to bugs and blewy, i dont have anything to do with the Cup except supplied the files and my team plays in it!

so wait for one or both of them to make a decision....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys the only thing i can think of which is fair, is to have a Mini league between academy teams with the top 5 teams from the league going through....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to clear up, Simon and I went through and picked what we thought were the best 10 OD sides to get the qualifying spots...

But the above offer stands...

bluespottyzebra

Cricket Spectator
To be honest - if I am not in the cup I am not in the cup.

Just would have been nice to have had that opportunity given that of the 10 academy teams selected to play off for the cup only four submitted teams.

Mini league idea great - if there is time to run it. Just use the squads submitted for Academy round 3 one dayers.

Keen Amsterdam Manager.