• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who play for Australian and County Sides

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
I looked up the Yorkshire County Cricket Club website(bit sad that i have had the side for a while and i only just got there) and found that Darren Lehmann plays for them(bit slow, but betta late than never).

I was wondering why he plays for SA in this comp. not that im complaining but he is a great asset.(he does play for SA doesnt he?)

Lehmann isnt the only one Bevan and Shane Lee and mostly NSW players also play county.
These are all good players who are in the teams lists of the teams
8D 8D

David

International 12th Man
Truth, Bevan plays for Leceistershire and has the highest average for batting by far, not to worry though, I can do without him

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The reasoning is that, when the comp started it was decided that those players should play for their proper states if they were in the game...
ie. Lehmann being a South Australian he should play for SA....

County teams who had players removed were compensated with another international star....
ie. Worcester lost Bichel and picked up Warne, Yorks lost Lehmann and picked up McKenzie.....

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Sure McKenzie is ok but he is no lehmann
Unless Greg u get rid of lehmann in the draft and Yorks can just pick him up just so its life like
8D :D :D :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL hmm ur about the 3rd one in line...

10 points for trying though....

But i will say people will just have to wait till the draft.....
:P :P :P

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
David my mate picking up Leistershire of whatever said that Bevan plays for them

He wants to know what international he will be getting
8D :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Currently that is undecided...

I am still waiting to get the full stats back for Leicestershire to decide on replacements....
:D :D :D :D

Of the other 4 new teams...
they have
Gloucestershire - C.Spearman (NZ)
Surrey - S.Mushtaq(Pak)
Nottinghamshire - A.Kumble (IND)

Rich2001

International Captain
Currently that is undecided...

I am still waiting to get the full stats back for Leicestershire to decide on replacements....
:D :D :D :D

Of the other 4 new teams...
they have
Gloucestershire - C.Spearman (NZ)
Surrey - S.Mushtaq(Pak)
Nottinghamshire - A.Kumble (IND)
Just to correct you GB, Gloucestershire's overseas player is actualy I.Harvey (AUS) C.Spearman (NZ) has English relations and plays for the county under the europeans rlue ie with Kent we have A.Khan (Denmark) and G.Jones (Papua New Guinea) by the same way etc

And Bugssy just remember I have already offered 50 million for M.Bevan and you turned me down, so I don't want to see you sell him for any less