• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Orders

Cloete

International Captain
I'm delighted with my win over Kent. But why is Porter and Powar bowling over Weekes? 8-)

Is it VC4 or is it my bowling orders or what? Powar has bowled like 9 overs and his opm is minimal. Weekes has quite a hgih opm so iI'm really intrigued as to what's happening.

Any response is cool blewy...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Is it at all possible to change my bowling order at this stage Blewy mate? I really would like to:) Not fussed it I can't though...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate to be honest im not sure what is going on with VC4, there are a few cases i have seen where Bowling orders haven't gone as they are stated in the database...

Guy, unfortunatley we can't edit the files once the season has started as VC4 won't accept the database once its edited...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
OK thats fine Blewy mate thanks for the reply:)

Interesting reply to Cloetes comment too...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Mate to be honest im not sure what is going on with VC4, there are a few cases i have seen where Bowling orders haven't gone as they are stated in the database...

Guy, unfortunatley we can't edit the files once the season has started as VC4 won't accept the database once its edited...
Yeah, it has been strange. I mean, I'm not complaigning, I mean we thouroughly smashed Northern Districts, but McKenzie is our third choice bowler, but he didn't bowl at all! :-O

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
m not sure why they are happening TBH...

Last time we used VC4 these were never an issue, or not one that stood out as much anyway...

thierry henry

International Coach
I'm not laughing. Cunningham is my no.1 OD bowler, and two games into the season he still hasn't bowled. This is seriously affecting my chances (maybe).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Likewise here, Denny has bowled 20 overs in 2 games, and I've specifically put him at number 11 to not bowl (meanwhile one of my number 1 bowlers hasn't bowled yet, and is batting at 11!)

ash chaulk

International Captain
i think there is a problem with the bowling sim too... my team cant seem to win i dont htink thats right!

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Hey look guys, think of it this way, we are all using the same sim, most of us seem to be having issues, I would therefore consider it part of the game, and a challenge. It's a good equalizer, not knowing what vc4 will do next.

nibbs

International Captain
i do think for someone in thierry's position is it pretty weak that his best od bowler doesn't bowl a ball. not knowing what vc4 does next shouldn't be taken into account in this instance. thierry puts r cunningham in his side to bowl, cause he's a good bowler. what's happening is effectively like australia picking glen macgrath but then no bowling him at all which would be a real waste of time. i noticed in the previous round barry akhil had figures of 7 overs, 0/45. cunningham would have almost surely done better when you compare both bowlers stats. something has to be sorted out here

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems to me, people who have put 2 or 3 bowlers at Number 1 preference are the ones having trouble...
The Computer picks one of the 2 to open the bowling and the other one misses out, i have done a few tests and this seems to be the issue...

Ill have to work out what we can do to fix it...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
On 2nd looks, it can't be... Some teams have this problem but others don't...

im really not sure why...

There seems to be alot of inconsistencies with it...
Ill keep looking and see what i come up with...

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
nibbs said:
i do think for someone in thierry's position is it pretty weak that his best od bowler doesn't bowl a ball. not knowing what vc4 does next shouldn't be taken into account in this instance. thierry puts r cunningham in his side to bowl, cause he's a good bowler. what's happening is effectively like australia picking glen macgrath but then no bowling him at all which would be a real waste of time. i noticed in the previous round barry akhil had figures of 7 overs, 0/45. cunningham would have almost surely done better when you compare both bowlers stats. something has to be sorted out here

Ok fair enough Nibs, I guess this is a little unfair.

My current situation is that I have E Moon bowling 10 overs a game, when I do not want him to bowl at all. Problem for me is he is also my best one day bat. I am been forced to drop him, to stop him from bowling.

In the bowling order he is listed as a 3, I had two guys in the side last week, that are listed as a 2, but they did not bowl. I think the confusion is that vc4 does not like multiple players with the same bowling number. It must therefore rely more on overs per match. Because E Moon bowls 8 overs per match, whereas the other 2 blokes, only bowl 3.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, i've tried a few things;

1/ Changed all players with bowling position of 11 to 0, 10 and 9 in an attempt to stop them from bowling...
Some players it works for some it doesn't...

I have fixed the Worcs/Cunningham problem by leaving Cunningham as the only No.1 bowler and moving everyone else down 1 spot...
I've also tweaked Surrey and Victoria's bowling orders in an attempt to find their problem but so far no luck...

More soon...

Cloete

International Captain
Can you possibly see why powar and sharkey are bowling ahead of kumble, pandit, weekes or bennett.

I think this is due to the number 1 thing.