• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tipping Comp?

Is the tipping comp a good idea?

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it is okay with the heads of WCC I would like to start and organise a tipping comp.

It will be a simple Win/Loss/Tie/Draw format.

I aim to have the following tipping structure:

5 points for a tie.
2 points for a win
1 point for a draw
10 bonus points for anyone who can tip all 15 games correctly.

Tips can be submitted to me by team closing time, either by email or a thread (although if it is via the thread people can see who you tip).

If it is passed, I will probably be after 1 or 2 other WCC members to help me.

I have also put up a poll to see if everyone thinks it will be a good idea.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
meh whatever???????

it'll be fun. judging my tips in the previews though i'll get waisted. i gotta learn to have faith in SA

but i'm not voting in the poll cos i had thought of it before but just couldn't be bothered doing it.

DJellett

International Debutant
Is the tipping comp a good idea?
I VOTED: Yes, what a superb idea, why didn't I think of that?...

The funny part is, I did think of that :p

NikhilN

International Regular
Slats4ever said:
meh whatever???????

it'll be fun. judging my tips in the previews though i'll get waisted. i gotta learn to have faith in SA

but i'm not voting in the poll cos i had thought of it before but just couldn't be bothered doing it.
meh whatever means I voted yes

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Nikhil, i suggest you stop being a smart a**...

Kyle, you have my approval mate...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
yes, your attitude is uncalled for... Not just here but in the fitness thread as well..

NikhilN

International Regular
Fine I will try not to get into any discussions on this forum since people dont like my posts :(

Mr. P

Yeah good idea...but to make sure this doesn't fizzle out can we have some extra incentive? Ie winner gets two picks in R5 draft picks instead of 1 in 5 & 6? Just an idea:)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually, that isn't such a bad idea. Not that it would probably get through, but something like the winner gets to keep 11 players instead of 10 for the draft. Or the winner gets automatic first seeding for CW Cup. But it is probably fairer just to be a glory thing, rather than anything else.

Mr. P

Well we used to have betting, if you remember that? That fizzled out because there was nothing to bet for, therefore not many did it or did it properly...

I reckon the extra incentive is the right idea...blewys thoughts would be good...

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Great Idea, i'm all for it. Two things though:

1. A tipping Comp needs a prize.

2. is it going to be via email, or via forum post?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
naa this should be kept a fun thing and seperate from wcc things like draft picks, as not everyone will want to or have tiem to participate...

DJellett

International Debutant
Vande Mataram said:
Fine I will try not to get into any discussions on this forum since people dont like my posts :(
HURRAH!

Nah just kidding Nikhil, you are most welcome to post, just try to at least sound interested.

Slats4ever

i dunno i like the idea of that prize... i've often associated a draft pick with something like winning a tipping comp.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DJellett said:
The funny part is, I did think of that :p

Erm, no you didn't.

It's been a feature of WCC for several seasons, but the Board haven't had time to set it up this year.