• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ideas

Rich2001

International Captain
I have thought of two ideas that you might like to use GB

The first and very easy to implement is why don't you introduce a manager of the month and season award like in football for example.

Second idea is to do with the end of season draft. What about using a transfer system with money.

Here's how it goes, depending on where a team finishes in the leauge they get so much money ie last in div 2 gets 60 million and first in div 1 gets 10 million, which they then get to spend on transfers, the reason for the difference in money relates to how good a team is so coming top of div 1 means that they are not going to need to make changes a team that is already the best etc and last in div 2 must mean the team is bad and needs better players to be competive etc. ok what happends is that each manager then decides which players they want to buy and e-mails / leaves a message here, the team manager of the player that they wish to buy and then the two managers then come to an agreement between themsleves about how much they will offer, remembering that they only have so much to spend, once the two managers agree then they simply e-mail or leave a message here for you GB letting you know of the transfer (player and how much for) you then make a note of change and how much each team has left to spend etc. The money then swaps beween the teams like in a normal transfer.

You could also say that other sorts of transfers are acceptable for thoses with less money ie Player + Cash or player for player etc

These means that the lesser teams will be able to out bid the better teams at the start so that the gap between the teams ablity should come down.

Also the amount of work you have to do GB would be minamal as all you need to do it update each team with how much money they have left and make a note of which players have moved where.

As for the acadmey teams well that's up to you, because I can't think of a good way of doing it.

Anyway it's only an idea

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats actually a good idea....

It is possible, but the only thing is that if the top teams dont want to change their squads then they don't neccesarily have to and it say the top few teams all say no then we are not gonna get anywhere....

I was thinking maybe do the draft and then after the draft we can have a week or so of trades????

Peoples opinions Please...

We can talk about this tommorrow Rich.....

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah I know what you mean, maybe you could say that each team MUST make at least 2 transfers

Yeah I have another think about it and we talk tommorow @ the meeting.

Rich2001

International Captain
Sweet, hey whats the go with ur avatar???

who is it??? :I :I :I :I
Excuse me what did you say!!!! You don't know who he is, go to your room without any dinner :P ;) :D

R.Key of Kent ccc and soon to be England

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Lookout Bugs hes coming for Bevo!!!!!

and just to say this is my 500th Post!!!!!

Rich2001

International Captain
Lookout Bugs hes coming for Bevo!!!!!

and just to say this is my 500th Post!!!!!
Don't warn him, anyway how you guess?

I'm going to have to think of someone else now :cry:

Oh yes I got it, 100 million for YOU!!!!!!

Rich2001

International Captain
Yes I did answer the question look up a few posts.

Getting back to my point, what about of each of the managers made a list of players they would sell and posted them here and I put them on the site so people know who they could buy?

Rich2001

International Captain
Also mate can I ask how the player averages will be worked out for the new season ie

- Current averages continued
- This seasons WCC averages become the new averages
- update the averages to the 2002 season averages

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
As for the 1st point, wouldn't making a list of players you wish to release be just like the draft???

and for the averages they will be added to the original averages so if your player has a better season than his average his will go up.... and vice versa

Rich2001

International Captain
As for the 1st point, wouldn't making a list of players you wish to release be just like the draft???
Well.....oh stop topping all my comments with smart answers ;) :D

and for the averages they will be added to the original averages so if your player has a better season than his average his will go up.... and vice versa
Which averages will be added WCC or real life ones?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well.....oh stop topping all my comments with smart answers ;) :D
Sorry just telling it the way it is.....

Which averages will be added WCC or real life ones?
the WCC averages...

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah but with the draft you know that you will get the players, with the transfer you might run out of money (meaning that if the team really wants the player they will have to get rid of team members etc) also other teams could still outbid them etc. So you might know who the players you can get are however you still have a fight to get them, rather than just saying "I'll have XXXXXX thanks" and you have them.

well it's only an idea, have your say.