• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys, i've began running Pre Season Friendlies..

5 Games for each side in each form...

All against teams in your division, using random teams so that everyone gets a go(well almost everyone) and so that it still keeps a bit of mystery for the competition...

Here are the OD friendlies...

Please do not come requesting for more friendlies from me.. My efforts now will be put towards final preperations and the Season Preview which i will attempt to get done...

Four Day friendlies are currently being run, and will be posted soon...

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
Thanks man, was goona ask you if something like this was gonna happen, now I know which players I should play and which I shouldnt

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Four Day Friendlies..

Some interesting results, with some teams who talked themselves up, getting a bit of a floggin...

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Nikhil4eva said:
He is a legend
Pfft... he's bad. Most of my batsmen are all better than him, and tehre's a certain T Darden that Mumbai should never have released who is also alot better than him!

NikhilN

International Regular
Meh...he is out of form...just wait till he is in form...he will kick every teams ass then

Cloete

International Captain
Nikhil4eva said:
Meh...he is out of form...just wait till he is in form...he will kick every teams ass then
No he won't. Get over him, he's not very good in WCC and VC4 doesn't have form!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
well put Andy, for once i agree with you :huh:
:huh: Some almost stupid results in ODs, not that I care, its the real thing that counts. Also we came close every time and all key bats and bowlers played well :cool:

Mr. P

I guess I am happy now having looked into my 4D results. Sehwag and Sharath both averaging over one hundred. In fact 7 batsmen averaged over 50, Sharath made 239, another hundred and two fifties. Good stuff. Sehwag with two hundreds...

Slats4ever

Mr P looking good there mate.... you should flourish this year with your boys. Shame the can't be said about me... my two giants in the batting arena struggled and the bowling showed that it can be quite vulnerable. lots of work to be done

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Well we played some good games and some shockers, something that might happen abit this season with our young side, those results cant be read into too much though with the competition side looking quite different to those, alot of our better OD players haveing a crack at 4d and vice versa just to give them a chance.

some good form for Ronchi topping batting averages in both forms. and Beasley doing the same with the ball.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Are these games true indicators of what to expect from our players or do we take nothing from them?
I know that each competition creates a new file within VC4 and within each file you can get wildly varying performances. Is this the case here?

Cloete

International Captain
It sort of is and sort of isn't. For me my top 5 batsmen all averaged 45+ in 4D. But it was sort of screwed, alot of matches I don't take into account.