• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 6 Rookies

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have decided to get them done a bit earlier this season and here they are.....
This season ALL rookies will be sent to the academy, unlike previous season where managers had the option of keeping them for the cup.
Please take note that you have 2 rookies each and the 3rd list are rookies that will be goign to the academy and then become available for the end of season draft.

If anyone has any problems or sees things like duplicate names please let us know...

cheers
WCC Board

Attachments

Simon

lol, particulary fast bowlers named Kumble too, its gonna be a kumble invasion on WCC from TN next year!

im quite happy with one of my rookies, i was hoping to have a bowler who was good in both forms, but i wont complain about him, top notch 4d all rounder..

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Quite happy with the rookies for Guyana who should be ready for Division 4 in Season 6. :cool:
only quite happy?!?!?
im getting pretty worried about your team for divison 1 in 4 seasons time!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
only quite happy?!?!?
im getting pretty worried about your team for divison 1 in 4 seasons time!
HaHa! Perhaps if I could keep all 16 instead of having to get rid of 6. There should be concessions for Division 5 teams....lol

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bunch of dogs for Lancashire - won't be keeping ANY of them by the looks of it.
One of these years maybe I'll get a batsman - can't recall the last rookie batsman I got!
Tough times for Lancashire!

Simon

u may notice theres actually not many good batsman in that lot, mainly 1 form bowlers....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
all i get each year are bowlers, i have not once had a decent batsmen. i have to speak to my junior development officers i think.

Simon

bugssy said:
all i get each year are bowlers, i have not once had a decent batsmen. i have to speak to my junior development officers i think.
i wouldnt be complaining after the bowler u got last season as ur replacement rookie!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what happens to the third lot of rookies? I know they go to the academy and then the draft, but do the team they are assigned get to decide wheather to keep them or not, or was it just a case with the rookie generator that they had to be assigned to a team?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
For once i am actually happy with my rookies:D

The Collyer/Fry combo could do quite well:)

Andre

International Regular
Glamorgan extends a warm welcome to their new rookies for the current season.

Management is particularly excited about the promotion of U Gordon, who looks to be a strong addition to the Glamorgan pace battery for years to come.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
All players in the Draft lot are not at all linked with their team, they will go straight to the draft...

Please ingore that list effectively...

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
There was a Q Boxall that played for Lancashire in season 4. It's the only double up I can see.

Queensland has faired well with 2 good bats. Very happy.

Simon

The Argonaut said:
There was a Q Boxall that played for Lancashire in season 4. It's the only double up I can see.

Queensland has faired well with 2 good bats. Very happy.
how about S Kroll Jason!
what a class 4d all rounder!

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
wont be far away lol.....
his team is still ordinaary!
haha Simon I wear tired of your constant attempts to promote your team by putting mine down :D

What can I say? Bowlers, Bowlers and more Bowlers! I wouldn't have minded a batsman, but who can complain with the two bowlers I have?

Patty Kumble joins his brother nick who seem certain to continue the strong TN pace bowling attack. While Andrew (finally a rookie with an A :D) Nawab will join maqbool as a top spinner.

Best of luck to the two at the academy, at this stage both would be retained :)

nibbs

International Captain
G Rigby is kinda frustrating. My hopes of forming a deadly pace attack are now up poo creek with this spinner. Maybe he'll be good in time but for now I'm really disapointed in him for taking the road to spin