• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
A call for peace from Warwickshire

In what has proved a pretty dark and at sometimes lame 24 hours in the history of WCC, Warwickshire manager Kurt Christensen called for peace in the hope that all managers could get along for the good of the game.

"In all honesty, they're carrying on like a bunch of fu<kwits. What is needed here is a rainbow of tolerance. The sooner the better in my honest opinion."

Christensen's calls were backed up by Nelson Mandela and other cool peace loving people.
I will carry on peacefully as soon as blewy apologises to me!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibbs said:
Christensen's calls were backed up by Nelson Mandela and other cool peace loving people.

If he'd heard what they called him behind his back, he wouldn't call them cool!

Slats4ever

Province's Favourite Son axed for 4 day clash

2 seasons ago Francis Rickman made his debut for Western Province. THe promising batsman of West Indian background had a stunning debut year playing above and beyond expectations. Originally arriving to replace Province's son Graeme Smith, Rickman was under pressure from the public straight away. However averaging over 50 in both forms, in what was an otherwise unfortunate year for WP cricket, set his place as Newlands favourite son. He cleaned up the fans choice award.

This weekend, 2 seasons later, see's Province take to the park for the first time without Rickman at 4. The change seemed almost inevitable after Oliver Wessels last week took Karachi's attack by the throat in the OD fixture scoring 133. Rickman's form has been down this year and Slats had no hesitation in chopping him from the team. Rickman was "upset and dissapointed" with his form this year and vowed to "regain a spot in the team through hard work and determination".

It will be interesting to see how Wessels performs in his absence. The son of great test cricketer Keplar showed signs last week that he may well live up to the feats of his father. If he does it's going to be hard to see Francis force his way back into the side, unless it's at the expense of one of the all rounders.

nibbs

International Captain
S Sriram, Warwickshire longest serving WCC player, now in his fourth season with Warwickshire, looks set to relinquish the captaincy of the four day squad. After taking on the job in season 3 he guided the side to 8 wins in their 10 games. However since then Warwickshire managed only 4 successes in season 4 and have only picked up the one in season 5. In 22 matches as captain he 13 victories, but only 5 in the last 12. At a club which expects so much in that form of the game,it has not surprisingly been disapointing.

Sriram form with the bat couldn't be better though. He has record knocks of 179 and 103 in 2 of his 3 innings this season. "If I have to hand the job over I wont have a problem with it. Danny [Howarth] has been doing wonders with the one day side, and I'd say he'd be able to pick up the reigns no trouble, such is the talent he is."

Sriram, formerly of Mumbai, is the only player to score over 2000 runs in four day cricket for Warwickshire. Manager Kurt Christensen wants to keep the faith in his four day captain and doesn't want to sack him. "At the end of the day it's Sri's choice. If he want's to resign he can. There's no pressure on him in my opinion. The decision is entirely his."

Slats4ever

Beasley Rocks Colts

Colts crucial go to man, Mick Beasley has today pronouncd just why he has taken so much time out've cricket due to "personal problems". Previously Beasley had the cricketing world believe that it was a death in the family which forced him out've competition for some time, however reporters at the Herald probed for more and drew this response out've Beasley.

"The last couple of months have been hard for me. Ever since coming to Colts I've felt out've place. I just felt like I needed some time off from cricket to recharge my batteries a little and see if what I was doing with my life here is what I really wanted."

It is alleged that Mick took time off to travel to his home town of Wee Waa where he caught up with old friends and discussed his options with them.

No official word has come yet but it is believed that Beasley is now not contactable by the Colts cricket club and his personal problems leave may well be longer than first thought, maybe even permanent. For now Age is desperately talking to Beasley's manager Jamie Lyon about getting the player back as Colts desperately need a boost to their season or otherwise they face the likelihood of relegation.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
Colts crucial go to man, Mick Beasley has today pronouncd just why he has taken so much time out've cricket due to "personal problems". Previously Beasley had the cricketing world believe that it was a death in the family which forced him out've competition for some time, however reporters at the Herald probed for more and drew this response out've Beasley.

"The last couple of months have been hard for me. Ever since coming to Colts I've felt out've place. I just felt like I needed some time off from cricket to recharge my batteries a little and see if what I was doing with my life here is what I really wanted."

It is alleged that Mick took time off to travel to his home town of Wee Waa where he caught up with old friends and discussed his options with them.

No official word has come yet but it is believed that Beasley is now not contactable by the Colts cricket club and his personal problems leave may well be longer than first thought, maybe even permanent. For now Age is desperately talking to Beasley's manager Jamie Lyon about getting the player back as Colts desperately need a boost to their season or otherwise they face the likelihood of relegation.
haha, Beasley could end up at St Helens on a 2 year deal if hes not careful ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts Management wish to inform the public that they will be releasing a statement at approximatley 9:00pm tonight AEST in relation to Beasley and his current position within the club. if anyone has any questions they will be answered afterward.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
Colts Management wish to inform the public that they will be releasing a statement at approximatley 9:00pm tonight AEST in relation to Beasley and his current position within the club. if anyone has any questions they will be answered afterward.
my question is, can i have beasley please?

Slats4ever

the herald have some questions.

One of the reasons Beasley is believed to be leaving the club is due to your managerial style, it's very school teacher like and you give the players little freedom. what do you have to say about that?

Will the club issue him with any more personal time or will they request him back?

Rumour has it the players are upset with the results which Colts have had so far this year and many considering turning their back on the club at seasons end... What efforts are being made to hold onto the players?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:

One of the reasons Beasley is believed to be leaving the club is due to your managerial style, it's very school teacher like and you give the players little freedom. what do you have to say about that?

Will the club issue him with any more personal time or will they request him back?

Rumour has it the players are upset with the results which Colts have had so far this year and many considering turning their back on the club at seasons end... What efforts are being made to hold onto the players?

I'd like to know what Ian's opinions on School teachers are? :@

Slats4ever

Sriram left soured

Just hours after being told that he was no longer captain of the WArwickshire 5 day squad, Sloppy Sriram hit out at Warwickshire management who it is believed have a secret deal in place to off load Sriram at the end of the year.

"I have since found out this afternoon from an unnamed source that Nibblet has found another team for me next year without consulting me first". This is the second instance of player dissatisfaction with management in the one day with Beasley set to walk out of Colts.

Sriram has had many successful years at Warwickshire and it would be a sad end for one of their heroes. "I have no problems with relinquishing the captaincy, but being secretly traded away to another club without me even knowing about it is grosely unfair".

Sriram has hinted at a desire for some time away from cricket for a few weeks however negotiations are continuing between his manager and Warwickshire management, for now he is required under contract to play.

Warwickshire coach Nibblet was unavailable for comment on the issue however it is believed he will make a statement some time later this evening.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts Management Press Release

Colts Management wish to inform all interested parties that Bealsey will Resume playing for the club shortly. He will be resuming training this week after being given time off for personal problems.

Colts Management have been in constant contact with him and have a good understanding of his position.

His future beyond this season will not be discussed at this time as its so far out from any trading period and its pointless to speculate

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:

Got no idea where that one comes from, i give my players alot of freedom, all of them seem to enjoy that.

Slats4ever said:
He will not be allowed any more personal time due to his current situation.

Slats4ever said:
Some players have been abit upset by the results, but they also understand that its up to them to improve as a team and individually, when they do that the results will follow.

nibbs

International Captain
woah Ian, that's some sloopy journalism. he is still the captain of the 4 day side and we haven't asked him to step down yet. the choice will be his as earlier documented. i think that's well worth noting. and if he is to be traded i'm quite sure we'd work it through with him, no secret plans have been made. to report so, is just silly

Slats4ever

Nibbs now in Denial

The Herald can confirm reports as much as nibbs would like to deny it, but there is tension at the Warwickshire camp around sriram. In a conversation with Nibbs yesterday, an unnamed source claimed that Nibbs said "that Sriram bloke's at the end of his reign, Danny Howarth's been so good at captaincy this weekend he'll start his four day captaincy debut" he then later went on to add "Sriram's probably finished here to, he might find himself elsewhere next year".

This latest spate of denial from Nibbs is only worsening the relationship between Sriram and managerment. Sriram said in a conversation with the media late yesterday "Everything was fine one week ago, but now that Nibbs has started denying this just hurts, it's rubbing off on the players to, Ishmael Nelson had a BBQ at his house the other day and I wasn't even invited".

It will be interesting o see how this recent series of dramas at Warwickshire will effect their performance this weekend against a Glamorgan side who are read to inflict some damage on the competition.

Last edited:

Slats4ever

Kluesner weighs in on Debate

Last years retirement of Lance Kluesner went unnoticed by the cricketing community. It was believed that the reasons behind his retirement at the time was old age and Blewy.

Recent revelations show however that his retirement was due to his dissapointment at Age's management of the side. In a recent statement he revealed that "the players hardley had any enjoyment time, sure performances were going ok, but as far as time off goes we weren't given any".

This attitude adopted by age is in stark contrast to the one adopted by teams with a much more laid back approach. Slats4ever (a close friend of the Herald and Age) said that his "side gets a lot of time off to spend with family and friends,as it is a crucial part for on field performance".

Lance also revealed that whilst the younger players in the side saw this as an acceptable practice, many of the older guys with family commitments felt that they needed time to relax, and many of them were thinking of taking time off "for personal problems" for some time last season.

nibbs

International Captain
Sriram anger at bizarre news articles

Warwickshire's four captain is bemused by recent articles claiming he's had a falling out with manager, and good friend Kurt Christensen. Warwickshire recently called a press conference to sort out the issue which has been causing concern among players and fans.

"I'd just like to but the record straight once and for all. I'm not angry with Kurt in one way or another. As discussed earlier in the week the captaincy is my call, and I'm going to give it some thought after the Glamorgan match this weekend. Furthermore with regards to my future at Warwickshire; We have discussed all the possibilities regarding this. I've had 3 and soon to be 4 great seasons here. The staff, players and fans have always treated me well and I'd like to thanks them for that. If I'm forced to move on then so be bit. There is no way I'll be able to be bitter and spiteful. Warwickshire has been too good to me for that"

Manager Kurt Christensen was also a tad annoyed with what had happened in the past 24 hours. "If journalists feel they have to lie and fabricate just to get a good story across, then so be it."

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Age_Master press release

It is my understanding that Lance has come out today and critisised my management style. If he wants to do that he is welcome to, but i think its only fair that you have some context about Lance.

His work ethic over the last season degraded rapidly, he hardly ever attended training and his performances showed his lack of enthusiasm for the team, batting average of 18 and bowling of 33.

He complained that he did not get enough personal time, but i can tell you that he did not play or train for more than 5 days per week for the duration of the season, no more than any regular office job. Not unreasonable from my point of view, especially considering the amount that he was being paid.

It is also my understanding that all players in the squad currently are more than happy with the way i manage the side.