• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarification needed on bowling orders

Graham

3rd Umpire
I do know that VC4 works differently to last season's sim. Can somebody please explain the ins and outs of submitting a bowling order under VC4 and what the implications will be.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
dont understand what you mean graham, what type of implications you talking about...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
well basically you order who you want to bowl in what order..

ie your openers 1 & 2, 1st changer number 3, then 4 and so on...

You can have 2 players with the same number however if both play in the same game then the program will decide which one bowls 1st...

Players you don't want to bowl at all, you put them as a high number ie. 10 or 11

Graham

3rd Umpire
So can you number your bowlers that you want to bowl from 1s to 4s and then put all others at 11 without anybody at 5,6,7,8,9 or 10?

ash chaulk

International Captain
does this included keepers or does the sim recognise a Keeper???

and if i put a keeper in at say 3 will he bowl??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Keepers are deemed as non bowlers cause the point in the database where you enter the bowling order is also where it denotes whether a player is a keeper or not...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if you don't give a bowling order number i will assume you dont want them to bowl and will put them at 10 or 11...

ash chaulk

International Captain
Umm just adding to this.........

I have players with a preferred batting position of 16 and 12 but this is only for 4dayers.... and no they arnt all my worst players

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thats part of the reaosn to send them out, those batting positions are for u to change, if u had of read the info correctly you should have known that!

ash chaulk

International Captain
i cant find where it says that! but ill take it as i have to make my own choice for there position.