• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Results Round 5 & 6

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok well the Draft is now OFFICIALLY over...

Enclosed is the Link to the Full Draft results...

Draft Results

I will be getting the info all updated and either sending each team their VC4 file or each team an excel sheet showing your sides stats...

Trading will now be open for 2 weeks...

However if i feel that their is no trading happening after 1 week then i will close it down...

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire took their top picks in rounds 5 and 6 ensuring that they ended the draft on a top note. "We're very happy with the way things have panned out. Damien Wright and Jermaine Senior certainly are useful signings which has certainly resolved some of the issues surrounding our one day line up."

The two signings certain bolster the midlands club's hopes of staying up in division 2 one day for at least this season

Graham

3rd Umpire
Lancashire were again surprised to get their No.1 pick from 28th in the order.
G.Kumar (OD batting 44) is a proven performer, having represented the UK in more than one All Star series.
R.Lynch (FC bat 24 OD bat 33) will provide backup for No.1 keeper R.Dravid and will be unlikely to see much game time this season.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Hampshire are very happy with their picks and the formation of their team after the drafts...

It will certainly be a pretty good season for us ..

Cloete

International Captain
TN are absolutely delighted with the acquisition of M Trescothick. Being the best keeper left in the draft during rounds 5 and 6 it was great to get my first pick. Especially considering I needed a good 4D keeper and there were also so many others looking for a keeper. Also very happy to get T Sharkey who should be a good OD all-rounder for us!

thierry henry

International Coach
Worcestershire are very pleased to have picked up a good 4D batsman in T Singh in round 1, as was the plan, and then to pick up not just a good 4D bowler, but a class all-rounder in Andrew Hall. We are now prepared for a more even assault in both forms of the game.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
TN are absolutely delighted with the acquisition of M Trescothick. Being the best keeper left in the draft during rounds 5 and 6 it was great to get my first pick. Especially considering I needed a good 4D keeper and there were also so many others looking for a keeper. Also very happy to get T Sharkey who should be a good OD all-rounder for us!

Doesn't really matter mate. The top 3 keepers all had close to the same average.

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Doesn't really matter mate. The top 3 keepers all had close to the same average.
Yeah I know... but to be honest I was actually shocked to get one of the top three!! Normally round 5 is the keeper round, not round 6. So I think I did very well to get him(or atleast was very lucky ;))!

Mister Wright

Cloete said:
Yeah I know... but to be honest I was actually shocked to get one of the top three!! Normally round 5 is the keeper round, not round 6. So I think I did very well to get him(or atleast was very lucky ;))!
Well my theory (and I guess a lot of other people's theories) with so many good players in the draft was to get who I wanted in round 5 and with there being more keepers than teams needing them I wasn't too fussed with which keeper I got, so I used round 6 for keeper. I would have been much worse off if I got a keeper like Trescothick (whose stats aren't much better than Marwood's) in round 5 and then got a dud in round 6. It wasn't like last year, where I had a poor keeper and needed a good one in the draft.

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Well my theory (and I guess a lot of other people's theories) with so many good players in the draft was to get who I wanted in round 5 and with there being more keepers than teams needing them I wasn't too fussed with which keeper I got, so I used round 6 for keeper. I would have been much worse off if I got a keeper like Trescothick (whose stats aren't much better than Marwood's) in round 5 and then got a dud in round 6. It wasn't like last year, where I had a poor keeper and needed a good one in the draft.
Yeah but for me most of the players in the draft would only make one form at best. But I can understand for some of the lower teams though...

Mister Wright

Cloete said:
Yeah but for me most of the players in the draft would only make one form at best. But I can understand for some of the lower teams though...
Yeah, well I was just giving a reason why you might have got your first pick.

I will let you know that he was my first pick for round 6 & Marwood was my 3rd.