• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Situation Good & Bad!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys, i finally have some info...

There is good and bad news...

The Bad news 1st...

Sriram's PC crashed and therefore lost all the data for the WCC Sim, meaning for him to be able to do the data update he would need to recreate the whole program from scratch...
So unfortunatley WCC Sim is GORN!!!

However the Good news...

Sriram has converted and updated all the data back to VC4 format so WCC can restart, using VC4 however...

All this means that the WCC is only a matter of weeks from re-starting...

My steps now:

* Complete transfers of players to new clubs...
* Remove released players from Team squad lists
* Create Draft List
* Start Draft!!!

Now i am working all next week so will be unable to get this started till the following week, but from there we will be on the move and hopefully have the draft up and running within the 3 weeks...

Once again thanx for being patient and ill get more out as soon as it comes to hand...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ok good news, interesting news with VC4, i know a lot of people are gonna be put out by this because of trading to get experienced players rather than massive averages, this is gonna make the draft a hell of a lot more interesting.....

im really looking foward to this noew!!!!! :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I know that its stuffed up things a little in that respect but im hoping that people look past that and just be thankful that we have it back..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on top of this... I am very pumped to be getting it back...
I was probably getting a bit "over it" toward the end of last season and with all the trouble was starting to question it, but now im refreshed and very keen to get things back to where they were...

Simon

good to hear!

i dont think its a bad thing changing the sim, its certainly gonna mak things a lot more interesting, to be honest im a lot more confident with VC4 than i was with the WCC sim, i liked having the big scores of 500 or 600 every week, but it was more exciting like that IMO....

Simon

not every game though, but they r regularish, the results in 4d games werent that bad, 1d could be a different story though....

nibbs

International Captain
awesome. top news blewy. hmmm, no more matches being rained off, I like my chances in the four day matches now a lot more than I did a few weeks ago.

keep up the good work blewy. i'm sure which ever way you run it, it'll be cool fo sho...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff Blewy. Good to hear. You have done an amazing job. I for one am excited about the new season.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
nice update blewy..

VC4 was certainly a lot more exciting no doubt !

well thats what happens when we go to up to date :P

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ah that sounds excellent. T Darden and R Llewellyn will again fire on this sim. They both like VC 4

Simon

Slats4ever said:
ah that sounds excellent. T Darden and R Llewellyn will again fire on this sim. They both like VC 4
as do the other 40 other batsman who average over 45!!!