• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reports - Round 7

Rich2001

International Captain
Well WCC members there was a mixed set of results this week, some upsets, some imppresive batting/bowling and GB winning again!

Whatever your result was it wasn't as bad as mine and Eyes_Only!

********** POST REPORTS HERE **********

[Edited on 7/12/02 by Rich2001]

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Well another loss.

After Ponting and DiVenuto scored well and help us to 248 after our 50 overs.

Yet again we lost with 2 overs to go. It is just so unfair.

Wright played well again.

SA beat us by 4 wickets.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
okay i admit i lost , damn im helpless i got used to winning too much , hmm its Hamsphsire what should i expect ?

Manager threatened the players that if they put such a dismal performance in the ca cup semis each one of them has to run around the field until one of them falls down and has a fit

Rich2001

International Captain
hey mine wasnt that bad. i only lost by 1 wicket!!!!!!
Yeah but not what you were saying last night on MSN. And be fair you did only score 154.

But I will edit my post for you

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well nsw traveled to qld to take on front runners qld, and word had it as the match of the year, and that it did provide. not many runs scored however both sides faught hard but unfortunately there can only be 1 winner.

nsw batting first and a somber total of ao 154 didnt see to many high scores. inform batsmen c richards didnt trouble the scorers and m waugh 34 (32) and m bevan 29 (31) where the pick of the batsmen.loosing there 1st wicket @ 45 nsw would loose 10 - 109 in a dissapointing effort. pick of the qld bowlers where A.Noffke 8 1 38 3 and Hauritz 6 0 35 3.

however with a never say die attitude nsw took the field to bowl and try to defend there small total, and it got off to a good start with lee taking the price wicket of hayden 5 (10) and d thornley getting m love 4 (13) qld 2 - 22. but a another good inningsby j maher 64 (66) and well supported by s law 46 (47) seen qld cruise to be 2 - 114, until the collapse. qld would loose 5 - 25 to see them realing at 8 - 138 and nsw had a big chance. qld then moved to 9 - 142 still needing a further 13 runs for victory but a last wicket partnership between bichel and noffke got qld home by 1 wicket. a very good game considering. pick of the nsw bowlers was
G.McGrath 6 1 26 2
B.Lee 7 3 23 3
S.Waugh 5 1 24 2

we spoke to bugz malone after the game to get his thoughts

bugsy that is one u could say that got away?

yer mate look we knew it was going to be tuff up here today and take nothing away from my boys or qld, both teams played as well as the opposition let them. qld are not on top of the table for no reason but we really stuck it to em and made them work hard for the 2 points which is a first for them this year. look both teams didnt bat well but both sides have an amasing bowling attack and that was seen today.

look dissapointing but some good to take out of it, and i spoke to the boys who all feel very disapointed however they have made a pledge that they will not loose another game all season so look out opposition.

thanks

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Warwickshire won against Hampshire in controversial circumstances - Eyes_only ruling that the late submission of the team by myself was an honest oversight caused by jet lag.

Unfortunately the controversy overshadowed what was the best performance by the Bears in a long while - form men Penney and Knight scoring good runs, and then Mo Sheikh bowling sublimely to take 5-24 off of 10 overs!

Hampshire battled well after being reduced to 72-6, Francis and Udal adding 75 for the 8th wicket, but Giles removed them both, and the match was soon over.

Bad luck L_o_d, and well fought.

Graham

3rd Umpire
LANCASHIRE v WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

Lancashire got their bid to overhaul table topping Queensland back on track with a fine win in Australia.

Lancashire batted first, amassing a very respectable 276/9.
A.Swann(64), T.Roberts(41) and R.Dravid(43) all fired in the top order, but when the eighth wicket fell at 229, it required a good partnership between tailenders C.Schofield(24) and G.Yates(32) to rescue the visitors.
B.Williams with 4/60 and K.Harvey with 2/49 were the most successful Western Australian bowlers.

A.Gilchrist played a good innings of 62, but with little support from the othr top order batsmen, the home side were in trouble at 114/5.
M.Goodwin(61no) then held the innings together with S.Meuleman(39) and K.Harvey(25no) doing their best to chase down the runs required for victory.
But due to some tight bowling from all of the Lancashire bowlers with C.Schofield (2/38) particularly impressive, the home side fell 25 runs short, finishing with 251/7.

Lancashire is now in second place, four points behind Queensland and two points ahead of both NSW and Mumbai (both of whom lost in this round of matches).

Rich2001

International Captain
Well Kent manager was left very unhappy after yet another loss, this time Glamorgan beat the wipping boys of Div 2.

The Kent manager was hopfull of picking up a win on his travels, yet the Kent batting failed once again and left the bolwers no chance of defending such a poor total.

The Kent cap loss the toss and was put in by Glamorgan, and well never recovered.

The openers put on what seems to be a club record opening partenship of 12! all contributed by R.Key of just 3 balls. The number 2 on his debut didn't last much longer either departing for a lack luster 6. However their was a comback from the next two B.Lara stormed to 54 of just 36 deliveries and in the mean time helped to guide another player on debut A.Loudon to 47 before being trapped IBW. Then the wickets fell quicker than GB leaving work!!!! The last 8 Wickets put on the grand total of 50.

Kent - 176ao 26 Overs (going at 6.8 runs an over WOW)

A.Dale was the pick of the bolwers taking 3/24 from 5 overs.

The Glamorgan batsman dragged out the inevertable result taking 38 overs to knock the runs off with D.Cherry top scoring with 44. All of the Kent bowlers performed well (ecomically I mean) Top bowler was M.McCague 8 Overs 2 Maidens 28 Runs 2 Wickets

Glamorgan - Win by 5 Wkts

MOM - A.Dale

Kent Manager insisted that the Kent team are capable of producing alot better cricket, and the youngters coming through are very talented and will set the world cricket alight (one day hopfully).

Also Rich2001 hopes that they can make it to the end of the season without to many more dissapointments and then strenghten the team during the transfer window, however with the current performances I doubt any top players will wont to play for me.

Well I am off to drown my sorrows for yet another week and dream of being the manager of a top team.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Glamorgan has crawled up from equal last on the table to post a satisfying win over Kent. It was a match that showed that slow and steady wins the race.

Kent batted first and smashed the Glamorgan attack to all ends of the ground. Unfortunately for them the wickets fell regularly and by the 26th over they were all out for 176. Lara 54 and Loudon 47 were the picks of the batsmen. Dale taking 3/23 withstood the onslaught. S Thomas also took 3/54 off his 7 overs.

The target would be tough as the Glamorgan side is not known for its batting prowess. They have been bowled out for much lower totals during the season. On this occasion however, they chipped away and got the runs with 12 overs to spare. Cherry contined a consistent season getting 42, Hemp 33 and Maynard 26. The man of the match Dale was there at the end to hit the winning runs as Glamorgan won by 5 wickets.

The Argonaut was very happy with the result and bourbon certainly seems to be the spirit of choice with the lads. Canterbury will never be the same again after the post-match rampage that occurred. Rumours attributing a pub blaze with this binge are simply untrue though a couple of fellows did not report in that night.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the South Australian side travelled to Tasmania for the resumption of the league in which they were attempting to win their 4th straight game, in the league and attempt to take over the top spot....

The tigers, or Panda's as they have been renamed by manager Paid the Umpire, won the toss and elected to bat....
They were in trouble early with Mason falling for 8, but some good partnerships which involved Hills, DiVenuto, Ponting, Young and Wright helped the Tigers/Panda's post a challenging target of 5/248....
For the visitors Harrity and McIntyre both collecting 2 wickets....
The South Australians who have a habit of crumbling when the pressure is applied, put on 82 before Blewett was run out for the 3rd time in as many matches, and signs were not good when they lost 3 for 23, but Lehmann with the assistance of Addcock, Harris and Young batted well to get the Redbacks over the line with 2 overs to spare....
Lehmann continuing his good form with a 66 N/O, while for the home team Shane Watson finally showed some form with 2/37....

The Redbacks news was to only get better as Tamil Nadu lost there match against the inconsistent Worcester to help SA move to equal 1st on the table, only behind on NRR...

Manager Goff was very happy with his troops, although hinting that Blewett would have some serious running between the wickets training for the upcoming games, It is believed that Goff has called in the services of Inzamam Ul-Haq to give some pointers......

The manager has alos given his players a couple of days off leading into the trip to NZ to take on the struggling Northern Districts....
Asked whether or not he would take it easy on fellow board member Eyes_Only goff blasted the reporters suggesting she had enough advantage as it was being able to appoint whatever umpire she wanted and that he was looking forward to tasting Northern Districts Blood!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

Rich2001

International Captain
Manager Goff was very happy with his troops, although hinting that Blewett would have some serious running between the wickets training for the upcoming games, It is believed that Goff has called in the services of Inzamam Ul-Haq to give some pointers......
LOL that sure will help!!! :P ;) :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL that sure will help!!! :P ;) :D
He was the best available option!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :D :D :D

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Yorkshire v Mumbai

The upset of the round came when Yorkshire defeated highly place Mumbai.
A great 88 by A.Mcgrath showed that even **** can go good sometimes and a 5 wicket haul from D.Gough finished off mumbai for Yorkshires 2nd win in the league and second consecutive win.
It seems that keeping the same team week in week out shows confidence in the players and it shows with some players actually going into form.

Woo-hoo
"I love it when my hiny gets all sunshiny" -Johnny Bravo
8D 8D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
In an announcment from the deep south today the South Australian Manager Brendon Goff has declared that he has found an untapped resource of player talent down in the pole....
Goff named 4 players in particular which impressed him and his troops in the nets yesterday...
Jack Frost, I.M Freezing, R.U Cold, and B.Chilly were all selected to participate in the net practice sessions held by the SA Cricket Association, and all four impressed the staff that much that they will be invited to the SA academy to train with the team.......

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
no qld report. i think there should be an inquiry and a fine placed for no reports handed in .

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
In an announcment from the deep south today the South Australian Manager Brendon Goff has declared that he has found an untapped resource of player talent down in the pole....
Goff named 4 players in particular which impressed him and his troops in the nets yesterday...
Jack Frost, I.M Freezing, R.U Cold, and B.Chilly were all selected to participate in the net practice sessions held by the SA Cricket Association, and all four impressed the staff that much that they will be invited to the SA academy to train with the team.......
LOL...Have to see how well they do in the future!