• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So it must be time for Draft

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
It is time is it Blewy?

Can we get it over and done with cause i may not be online during exams. I wont have time these are my last exams.

We have 2 weeks before this cause seriously last time i missed the draft put my preperation back in my team.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate im trying desperatley to get it started ASAP, but there was a slight setback with the data updates and we are recovering from that now...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Forget the draft, I want to now when Season 5 trading will start - surely it must happen in the next 2 weeks!

Graham

3rd Umpire
I know that we're all looking forward to Season 5, but remember Blewy's been crook and he also has a life apart from WCC. Preparing the draft is a big job.

Cloete

International Captain
Graham said:
I know that we're all looking forward to Season 5, but remember Blewy's been crook and he also has a life apart from WCC. Preparing the draft is a big job.
Yeah but you can sure as hell bet he'll get alot of help ;)

Graham

3rd Umpire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
I think Marc may have been a *little* sarcastic?

Quote:
Reply from Nibblet
no way

LOL :D :D

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
DJellett said:
Will Academy teams be involved in trades/drafts in any way?
The academy managers will not be involved in the main draft. There will be a separate draft once I have a list of the remaining players and the rookies. I will also be adding a list of new real life players to the academy for consideration. I can't see the academy starting for a while because we have to wait for the main comp stuff to be finalised.

Also we should cut Umpire Money some slack and not get stuck into him so easily about his post. He has a genuine reason for wanting a quick resolution to the draft. It may not be achievable because of the time it takes to do but it was a reasonable request. He has been with the comp since the beginning (I think) and should be treated with a bit more respect.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I was having a go at the sarcasm I guess. There is a time and place for it and I didn't think it was justified here. If someone puts forward something ridiculous then I don't mind any sarcasm that gets released along the way.

It was just my read of the situation. I may have read it wrong.

nibbs

International Captain
i've always been so confused as to why certain managers get so annoyed by people enquiring as to when the draft is going to be. personally i think its better and reassuring to know when such events are going to take place. there's no need for people to make spiteful posts at those who simply want to know when something is going to place. there's just no need.