• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ca cup and marc cups reports

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
***********reports here guys**********

all managers to give a report on there respective matches.

Rich2001

International Captain
Well two disapointing Marc Cup performances for Kent 2nds vs full strenght WA and Warwickshire teams, however the match vs SA bought the Kent manager some hope that his 2nd X1 have some ablity.

Full Reports Soon

However on a slightly brighter not (if that's possible) J.Hockley one of Kent's stars so far this season is recovering well in hospital after he suffered a broken skull in a freak training incident, but doctors say he will be back in just 2 weeks time.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Another disappointing display by Northen districts has their manager Eyes_Only fuming.

"I missed the game due to umpiring committments for the WCCC and from all accounts this may not have been a bad thing. The team will have to take a good hard look at themselves before the next match.

There will be wholesale changes made to the team after a hard training session this week.

Eyes_Only will submit a full report after the results are looked at with the team this week.

[Edited on 7/5/02 by Eyes_Only]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Congratulations to WA for winning the Marc Cup - an awesome thrashing of us if I may be so bold ;)

Overall I was extremely impressed by the team's efforts in the 3 games, reflecting that maybe playing my weakest team against WA was a mistake.

Fantastic to see Penney return from injury and score useful runs in all 3 games.

Also Sheikh continued his fine form with the ball, capturing the bowler of the Tournamnet prize ahead of Angel and Gillespie.

With Bell and Troughton also playing useful innings, and a welcome big score for Knight, I feel that overall the Tournament was a resounding success.

Rich2001

International Captain
Yorkshire 9 for 110 V Lancashire 7 for 107

Tamil Nadu 3 for 131 V Tasmania AO 129

Hampshire 9 for 49 V Queensland AO 43

NSW 4 for 146 V Northern Districts AO 21

What happened to everyone this week? I mean I know odd teams have bad days, but everyone playing this bad!

Rich2001

International Captain
i remember him saying " Go queenslander , queensland , queensland "

lol .. hmm
Well he got what he deserved a good beatting :D. He wont be messing with the mighty Hampshire for a while :cheesy:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw manager bugz was very impressed by his teams prformance in the ca cup 1/4 final with some good batting but exceptional bolwing by his bowlers used.

batting first nsw put on a defendable but gettable total of the 20 overs . s waugh lead from the front with a magnificent 82 (53) and was well backed up by m bevan scoring 31 (31). with the blues getting to 4 - 146 of there 20 overs. nsw knew they would have to bowl well to take the victory and that they did.

the nw attack come out and demoralised the opposition rolling them for 21. pick of the bats for ns was m bailer with 13 (17) but nsw ripped through em like a knife through butter and rolled them for the lowest total of all time. the bowling figures where as follows.

O M R W
G.McGrath 1 0 8 1
B.Lee 2 0 6 4
S.Lee 2 1 5 4
m.higgs 0.1 0 0 1

a very good performance all round and very appy with the form shown and into the semi finals of the ca cup, but arch rivals qld missing out. how unfortunate.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
South Australian manager Goff was extremely happy with his team which took part in the Marc Cup on the weekend the team was beaten at the last post by WA who eventually won the tournament, but a win could have seen SA snatch the title on NRR, more from the manager soon!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Graham

3rd Umpire
LANCASHIRE v YORKSHIRE.
(CA Cup QuarterFinal)

Lancashire batted first and were restricted to 107/7 by some tight bowling.
Dravid(32)and Hegg(25)held the Lancashire innings together, but when they were both gone Lancashire were in big trouble at 86/7. It was left to Schofield and Yates to take their side through to 107/7.
C.White was the 'Yorkshire destroyer', taking 3/8 from four overs.

M.Vaughan held the Yorkshire reply together with a fine knock of 42, but at 88/9 Yorkshire looked dead and buried.
However G.Hamilton smashed a quickfire 28no from 17 deliveries to give Yorkshire a miraculous win in the final over.
C.Schofield was the best of the Lancashire bowlers with 4/8 from four overs.

Lancashire manager GrahamB sportingly congratulated the Yorkshire manager on his side's win. He also restated to reporters his desire that the CA Cup be contested over 50 overs next season, a move that looks increasingly likely to happen. :(

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
TASSIE vs TAMIL NADU

Well, it is time to ponder, some more over the teams season. After batting first we were dismissed for 129. Ponting and Saker both scorig 38.

We bowled and well, they killed us. Saravanan and Badani killed us with 42 and 44 each. They scored the runs in under 15 overs.

HOW SAD!

Slats

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A very disapointing performance by both teams in the ca cup 1/4 finals Queensland batting first were bowled out for 43 of 12 overs J.Hamblin distoryed the batting order with 6/6 of 3 overs S.Law was the best batter with 22...

Hampshire only needed 44 to win they did that with the 9 wickets down M.Kasporwicz helped Queensland come close with 3/0 of 2 overs J.Hamblin was the best batter with 20..

All up it was a very poor performaance by both sides and i think the Queensland team will come in to there next game which is against NSW and try to gain some respect back.
The coach said after the game that was the worst game of cricket that he had ever seen and that the queensland theam will know about it at training on Monday..... :(! :(! :(! :(! :(! :(!

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Yorkshire V Lanceshire

We WON
Bowling became a problem again with only one performer as Lanceshire manager put the YORKSHIRE DESTROYER (nice one mate)
Batting was also a pile of well u know but a fine end by Hamilton but us into the semis.
Jason the Manager had this to say after the match.
"Yes, we won. To be on the bottom of the League with a chance to be in the final of the cup seems weird and yes it is. But if we play well anything can happen."
He had a VB in his hand as he left singing 'its raining men' on his way out. It seems a win can do great things to a managers confidence.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
its gonna be hard for us 2 to get into the finals now , our teams gotta play well . You have T.N they are a real good team , play good cricket and i have NSW who have a strong lineup in their team.