• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Star Series Discussion - One Day

Graham

3rd Umpire
T.Thomas is certainly performing well. Oceania were extremely fortunate to beat us considering everyone thinks we're the bunnies!

Graham

3rd Umpire
Quote from Agemaster before the All Star series:

should be a tight contest for the win in both forms between Oceania and ROW with the acadamy a chance of upsetting the UK side to avoid the wooden spoon :P

the ROW squads should be finalised inside the next week - the delay ofcourse due to the overwhelming abundance of talent within the different teams...

Quote from Slats4ever before the All Star series:

The ROW boys have made their intentions clear, they wanna white wash this series. They don't want to lose one game. This is a tough ask especially against the Down under boys. The feeling is that the UK boys willl be the push overs of the tournament, and the Academy side should be easy pickings to! However it's the Down Under boys where the most fun will happen.

It's quite obvious the poor pommie boys have little depth. They will be easy beats, I'm willing to bet some direct debited accounts with anyone that the uk boys will finish last

NEVER underestimate the UK side. NEVER!!!
:D :D :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
wanna try playing us on a spin friendly pitch... this pitch suited your team more than any other in the competition, and was least suitable for our team (also im terms of playing all our players in 2 games... anyways still 2 games to go

DJellett

International Debutant
Oh no!

ROUND 5 TEAM

O. Rai Singh
L. Marwood (wk)
I. Underwood (c)
J. Jenkins
Z. Gratrix
Z. Roberts
P. Worthington
W. Pointer
O. Fernando
M. Pascoe
R. Ezard

12th Man: P. Laker

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
wanna try playing us on a spin friendly pitch... this pitch suited your team more than any other in the competition,

A good team is successful on ALL pitches.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Quote from Age:

wanna try playing us on a spin friendly pitch... this pitch suited your team more than any other in the competition, and was least suitable for our team (also im terms of playing all our players in 2 games... anyways still 2 games to go

You're right that there are still 2 games to go, but I'm surprised you're being such a bad loser there mate! D.Kaneria and P.Adams will have a chance to show their wares as our spinners in the last game on a spinner friendly wicket (shame it's not against ROW!) :p
I might still have to eat humble pie yet - we'll see! :happy:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 5 of the all star series has been run today with a major traffic jam at the top of the OD table, it will all come down to the last game to decide who makes the final...

Todays games are as follows:

Oceania vs United Kingdom

Academy vs Rest of the World

Please post Round 6 teams ASAP, also remember this is your last chance to make sure all your players have played 2 games, if they haven't played 2 games after this match then you will not be eligible for the final..

Graham

3rd Umpire
Hmmm - we're in for a tense final round! Hopefully the UK tabletoppers won't blow it against the Academy side! :cool:

nibbs

International Captain
one thing is for sure. we'll make the final no matter what. well although mathematically there's a chance we wont make, its a slim slim slim chance. is it my turn to post the team graham?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Nibblet - you were to post the teams for the home games and I was to do the away games. As the final game is away I'll post the team. Hope you don't mind.

Marc - thanks for your kind comments. Hope they're not premature though. For poor old Agemaster's sake, let's hope that ROW win their final game! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nibbs

International Captain
no worries graham. go for it. its been a pleasure captaining this side with you.

Graham

3rd Umpire
We've been able to select the side without too many difficulties and the side has performed well to date.
If you want to make any changes to the side for Round 6, just let me know as I'll be happy to make them.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well The qualifying rounds are finally over...

Some good games to finish us off before the finals..

Only the Academy team failed to meet the qualifying standards, however they were never in the hunt for a finals spot anyway.

The results as follows

Academy vs United Kingdom

Rest of the World vs Oceania

and the final table

Table

The top 2 will play off in the final and the bottom 2 playoff with both games to be run Thursday afternoon so post teams ASAP...

Ground conditions on the website

Graham

3rd Umpire
Looks like we meet again Age - the useless UK side versus the invincible ROW side!
All the best for the final mate. May the best team win!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Graham said:
Looks like we meet again Age - the useless UK side versus the invincible ROW side!
All the best for the final mate. May the best team win!

thanks :) looks like i underestimeted the UK side (again) and overestimated the ROW side. the pitch should make the game fairly even.

good luck for the final :)