• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Possible Delay

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys, just to inform you there could be a possible delay on the AS Series start...

i have been putting the Databases together and an error has come up and i can't find where or why...

I am off to work soon but will have another crack 2morrow, if i get it then the games will be run if not then ill have to look at it over the weekend...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
im with whatever.. my comps gone awak its crashed and all my main wcc stuff is on that too...its really hard living without that and school assignments and cw stuff damn..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ash chaulk said:
as much as i wanna see it i say scrap it i wanna get back to club competition....
You won't get there any quicker if it's scrapped - we have this same arguemnt every close-season.

nibbs

International Captain
i said i'd pick teams and all that shizzle. however i also said that i wouldn't really care if my side was to win or lose.

the as series is a good concept. but at the moment something isn't right with it. this is evident from the fact that most managers i speak to about it reckon it is a waste of time and that they'd rather continue on with other more important wcc matters.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But that doesn't change the fact that there needs to be a break between seasons, so what is wrong with filling it?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Be patient everybody (I know that's a bit rich coming from me! - excuse the pun Rich!).
There's a hell of a lot of work involved preparing the draft, etc and the season won't start any sooner without the All Stars series.
I always look forward to managing an All Stars side and am keen to see the UK side retain their OD title against all expectations (again!).

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK guys good news, the problems fixed, however the games won't be run till at least 2morrow (Saturday) cause i now have to go to work...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Graham said:
There's a hell of a lot of work involved preparing the draft, etc and the season won't start any sooner without the All Stars series.

hehe i dont know what people have against it, at worst its something going on during the break at the end of teh season.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
:@ :@ whether we run the all stars or not the new season wont come around any quicker as all the database's have to be fixed, and the all stars are good fun, so i wish everyone would stop complaining, blewy and the boys do alot of work to make this happen, but yet all people do is complain.

lets show some gratitude towards the wcc and give the guys a break, and just accept what is being put forward or provided.

this happens every season, i am sure some people just play to trade then dont care. :@