Proposed wcc player awards
i have come up with the idea of doing a 3,2,1 points system for the upcoming season, which i will do every game every week.
it will be done so i will keep the list that everyone sends me each week and update and post the top 5 or 10 players
we will be having the following awards
* wcc player of the year, all divisons and both forms
* 1day player of the year for each division
* 4day player of the year for each division
* rookie of the year (how this will be select will be the top 5 - 10 players regardless of point situation then the selection committee will then put up there votes and agree on a suitable winner. (looking for a name for the rookie awarrd aka the lehman medal or something like that)
* and the coach/manager of the year which i will be picking.
* WCC TEAM OF THE YEAR WHICH WILL CONSIST OF
5 BATSMEN, AN ALLROUNDER, A KEEPER AND 4 BOWLERS.
it will be kept secret with 3 rounds to go in each form, so 6 weeks left.
if at any stage a player gets a disciplinary action this players forfeits his position and running for any awards
the thing i like about it is that the player of the year the overall player can come from any division, and say it is div 4, that gets player of the year, then the top divisions may want that player and then that manager has the power if he wishes to negotiate for 2 or 3 good players for that 1 player
i think it may bring even more equal teams closer together
if you guys have any additional input please speak up