• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 players awards

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Proposed wcc player awards

i have come up with the idea of doing a 3,2,1 points system for the upcoming season, which i will do every game every week.

it will be done so i will keep the list that everyone sends me each week and update and post the top 5 or 10 players

we will be having the following awards

* wcc player of the year, all divisons and both forms
* 1day player of the year for each division
* 4day player of the year for each division
* rookie of the year (how this will be select will be the top 5 - 10 players regardless of point situation then the selection committee will then put up there votes and agree on a suitable winner. (looking for a name for the rookie awarrd aka the lehman medal or something like that)
* and the coach/manager of the year which i will be picking.
* WCC TEAM OF THE YEAR WHICH WILL CONSIST OF
5 BATSMEN, AN ALLROUNDER, A KEEPER AND 4 BOWLERS.

it will be kept secret with 3 rounds to go in each form, so 6 weeks left.

if at any stage a player gets a disciplinary action this players forfeits his position and running for any awards

the thing i like about it is that the player of the year the overall player can come from any division, and say it is div 4, that gets player of the year, then the top divisions may want that player and then that manager has the power if he wishes to negotiate for 2 or 3 good players for that 1 player

i think it may bring even more equal teams closer together

if you guys have any additional input please speak up

Last edited by a moderator:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
no its a current injury, there where a few players that received it this season

e.g M Miller Tasmania Season Disciplinary Reasons

ash chaulk

International Captain
bugssy said:
no its a current injury, there where a few players that received it this season

e.g M Miller Tasmania Season Disciplinary Reasons
don't single out Mo Miller cos hes a drunken fool who likes little boys.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
this will be starting with the new season, i need maybe 2 or 3 volunters to help give the 3 , 2 1 points. first 2 ppl to put there hands up aslong as the wcc board agree then they are in.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bugssy said:
this will be starting with the new season, i need maybe 2 or 3 volunters to help give the 3 , 2 1 points. first 2 ppl to put there hands up aslong as the wcc board agree then they are in.
Before I say yes, what would it involve being a volunteer?

nibbs

International Captain
nibbs volunters, however must raise one concern. why does it always have to pro australian here? why not name that Award the Mandela award from promoting tolerance and peace. its the way to go fo sho...

also will there be a batsmen and bowler and allrounder of the year awards this time around?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Before I say yes, what would it involve being a volunteer?

going through certain games and giving out the 3 2 1 points to the players you feel fit, but there is a point committee that will go over if there is any unfair point placings.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bugssy said:
going through certain games and giving out the 3 2 1 points to the players you feel fit, but there is a point committee that will go over if there is any unfair point placings.
Ok, you can count me in if you still need someone.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im also after someone to help out with team of the week, some people got a bit upset with my selections in season 3, so i want someone to pick a side with me each week, leave it here or find me on msn if you are interested....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i can help bronco with me giving the 3 2 1 points i think i would have a fair idea who is up or not, what u rekon

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
now that I'm back on air did you still want me to do half the games with you broncoman as we talked about ages ago or did you wanna cover it

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
please refresh me as to that idea lol!
im sure ill catch u on msn sometime soon.....