• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official All Star Series Discussion

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok well the managers have been selected and the squads are in the process of being picked...

Here are your managers for All Star Series Season 4

Oceania
4D: Blewy & Bugssy
1D: Deckard & Mr Mxyzptlk

United Kingdom
4D: Rich2001 & Marc71178
1D: Graham & Nibblet

Rest of the World
4D: Slats4ever & Kears falcon 9
1D: Agemaster & Neil Pickup

Academy
4D: Aust Hitman & Ferd
1D Djellet & Dark Hunter

Congrats to all, good luck and may we have a very tight and entertaining series with Oceania winning all...
:p :p :p :p

Draws will be on the website soon...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd also like to mention Coach Pearson who was also a overwhelming winner in the Oceania OD voting and Clear 2nd in the Four Day voting however due to his wedding and honeymoon will not be managing a side....

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Blewy

I'm going to have to withdraw from the Oceania OD spot due to work commitments. I should have let you know of the possibility earlier. I am going to be in Adelaide and Townsville in the coming weeks and will not be able to liaise effectively with Liam. The draft may be a problem for me as well but will work with you to ensure that I get my selections in somehow.

The Argonaut

Graham

3rd Umpire
Blewy - the UK one day squad has already been selected by Nibblet and myself in the'UK All Stars Discussion' thread. Do you want be to paste it into this thread?
Graham.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Jason - No worries mate, i think the next in line for the OD spot was Jamee (WA) but ill have to confirm that...

Graham - Can you email it to me mate so i have a record of it...

Cheers

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
In fact correction to that last, The next in line for the OD job was John Deckard..
John ill email you the squad list shortly...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
should be a tight contest for the win in both forms between Oceania and ROW with the acadamy a chance of upsetting the UK side to avoid the wooden spoon :P

the ROW squads should be finalised inside the next week - the delay ofcourse due to the overwhelming abundance of talent within the different teams...

Graham

3rd Umpire
LOL - that's exactly what you said last year Age (minus the Academy bit) and look who ended up winning the OD series!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Academy4Day Side is near complete, just need to speak to the 1D managers regarding 1 player. Shouldnt be more then 3 days away. :)

Looks like we are going in the underdog? :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Official Oceania All Star Four Day squad...

Batsman
A Flower(WK) (c)
J Bradshaw
H Midlane
J Smith
K Mills
Z Keegan
O Cardew
J Midlane (WK)

Allrounders
R Stratton
H Streak
O Clarke
O Snow

Bowlers
S Harwood
K French
A Tudor
V Harkness

We feel that this side has what it takes to go back to back...
It has a good blend of experience and any side which can't find a spot for the likes of Lehmann, Bevan and Lara must be good..
Our bowling is extremely strong with the likes of Harwood, Stratton, French and Tudor to go with probably the best spinner in the WCC V Harkness...

Good luck to the boys we are sure you will wave the Oceania flag high...

nibbs

International Captain
I will happily write down the starting 11 for the UK All Stars; however win or lose, I doubt I'll care at all.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
ROW OD Squad

the ROW OD squad for the coming All Star series is as follows:

Batsmen
Sharath
Francis
J Arlott
J Madanagopal
Z Birch

All Rounders
L Klusener (c)
A Jones
J Hamblin

Bowlers
K Ali
J Troughton
L Cush
J Lawson
I Nelson
C Elstub

Wicketkeepers
Y Snow
M Burns

The Squad takes on a similar look to the side of last year, but has greater depth in the pace bowling department. There are several shock ommisions from the side with several players extreamley unlucky to miss out. the main reason for this having to select the bulk of the squad from particular players, and the lack of batsmen in this group, as such players like Lee, Jefferson, Daly, Singh, Shaw and Borde were all very close to selection but missed out.

we feel this squad gives the best chance for both the OD and 4d squads to claim the titles.

L Klusener has been named as captain for what will be his last AS series and is particularly keen to go out on a winning note. His ability with both the bat and the ball as well as his experience will be invaluable throughout the series.

Andrew & Neil
ROW OD Managers

Cloete

International Captain
age_master said:
ROW OD Squad

the ROW OD squad for the coming All Star series is as follows:

Batsmen
Sharath
Francis
J Arlott
J Madanagopal
Z Birch

All Rounders
L Klusener (c)
A Jones
J Hamblin

Bowlers
K Ali
J Troughton
L Cush
J Lawson
I Nelson
C Elstub

Wicketkeepers
Y Snow
M Burns

The Squad takes on a similar look to the side of last year, but has greater depth in the pace bowling department. There are several shock ommisions from the side with several players extreamley unlucky to miss out. the main reason for this having to select the bulk of the squad from particular players, and the lack of batsmen in this group, as such players like Lee, Jefferson, Daly, Singh, Shaw and Borde were all very close to selection but missed out.

we feel this squad gives the best chance for both the OD and 4d squads to claim the titles.

L Klusener has been named as captain for what will be his last AS series and is particularly keen to go out on a winning note. His ability with both the bat and the ball as well as his experience will be invaluable throughout the series.

Andrew & Neil
ROW OD Managers
Hm... i don't ever remember putting Birch's name forward and I am sure I would have put CHapman's ahead instead!!!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
<<Press Release WORLD CRICKET HEADQUARTERS>>

After much deliberation and careful planning, the forces of world cricket were addressed as the ROW 4 day squad was announced.

The following players were chosen to represent the team.

1. T Darden (Mumbai) (Captain)
2. N Kumble (TN)
3. W Anderson (Colts) (Vice Captain)
4. S Maxwell (Karnataka)
5. Y Cole (Guyana)
6. K Pietersen (Jamaica)
7. D Mongia (Mashonaland)
8. R Llewellyn (Western Province)
9. M Sami (Karachi)
10. Y Porter (Free State)
11. M Beasley (Colts)
12. F Maqbool (Karachi)
13. J Paranjpe (Mumbai)
14. L Ronchi (Jamaica)
15. V Wadekar (Karnataka)
16. T Samaraweera (Western Province) (Vice Captain)

Congratulation to the boys... It's clear to see that talent is spread in this reagion with no team contributing more than 2 players. There were a few notable ommissions to those boys bad luck. But to the others lets kick some butt...

Interview with Kears_Falcon (manager) after the squad was announced.

A young side Kears, obviously your taking a big leap in the dark as to how these guys will perform, with some of them only having 1 year in the "big league". Was this a concern?

Well no not really me and ian had a short talk which managed to expand over 5 days as to who would make the squad and even if they arent experianced they make up for it in love for the game

Last year the side was hit with controversy about homosexual love relationships? What measures have u taken to crack down on that this year?

are well all players have to be fitted with condoms and thye have all had over 1000 hours of lecturing.

Finally what is the key to the ROW side winning this year?

the key is good crikcet and the only way to paly good cricket is to listen to ure coachs so boys listen up (to us that is(me and ian)not to the coaches from the other sides)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Graham said:
Blewy - are we allowed to give our preferred bowling order for each game in the All Stars series?

good question :)

the 2 players put forward for OD selection by TN according to my sheet are Birch and Singh, chapman wouldn't have made it into the squad anyway...

Cloete

International Captain
age_master said:
good question :)

the 2 players put forward for OD selection by TN according to my sheet are Birch and Singh, chapman wouldn't have made it into the squad anyway...
He would have had to if i had of chosen him as one of my 2 :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes if you want to submit a bowling order list to me i will update it for you...

Cloete, You submitted what Age said...

People i am still waiting on the Official teams from Oceania 1D, UK 4d, and both Academy sides...
Please get them in ASAP...