• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Call me a rocket scientist but i think i have a solution!!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok heres a proposal i want to put fwd to everyone before i go to the board....
This is for the End of season draft.....

Ok I am suggesting, with the All-star game @ the end of the season, we do as i said originally in having managers from each division select the 16 best players from their division to play against the opposing division...
The players selected will then be given WCC Contracts... They are then excluded from that seasons draft...
So for example NSW may have 4 players in the D1 team so when draft time comes around they can keep 14 players, But the downside is those players selected will be unavailable to play in 4 rounds during the season, due to commitments...
So NSW will have 14 players but with 4 having contracts, then when the draft comes through they still get their 8 players so in total they will have 22 players , but as said b4 the 4 with WCC contracts will miss 4 mid season games....

well thats the proposal, what do u all think?????
:D :D :D :D :D

Steve Waugh The GUN

Cricket Spectator
I think we should keep 10 players, dish the rest and pick in order of last to first and then have the all star game. since there is 12 in a team(inc. 12th man) each team can pick 2 players to put into the team of 12.
6 teams,2 players makes a side.
then do it for each division. well thats what i think would work out best & fairest.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well I think it could be combined with my fixed contract idea, but to be honest, what's to stop the all star manager picking no-one from his own team?

I feel a squad selected with 2 from each team would give a good balance for each squad, and perhaps those 2 players could be excluded from the draft for an extra season or something?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I think it could be combined with my fixed contract idea, but to be honest, what's to stop the all star manager picking no-one from his own team?
Its not just the 1 manager which picks the
A-S team its a majority vote from all managers in that division, so that would make it nearly impossible to do so....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel a squad selected with 2 from each team would give a good balance for each squad, and perhaps those 2 players could be excluded from the draft for an extra season or something?
As for this, the majority of people i have spoken to have said that they want the All-Star game to be the best of the best, so it makes it difficult......

Steve Waugh The GUN

Cricket Spectator
People will be inclined to pick the players they know and therefore star studded teams will be able to keep eg.12-14 players which means not a big team change and then I think they can also pick in the draft where they are bound to get 1 or 2 quality players. I think each manager should pick their best 16 from their division and then tally the votes like GB said but we shouldn't have any contracts because I personally thinks it advantages teams with the big name players.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Reduce team squads to 18 players.

At the end of the season each manager chooses the 12 squad members he/she wishes to hold on to.
That leaves only 6 draft choices per manager.

Let's say there are 120 players available through the draft. Each manager submits these 120 players in preferred order of choice and the rest is easy for Blewy to do!

As this could lead to an imbalance in a squad (as opposed to selecting one draft round at a time) let managers agree one for one trades for a short period BEFORE the new season starts.

This should make things cut and dried.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I'd like to hear more thoughts on my proposal for the draft process. I think it's simple and less time consuming than other proposals. I also like the one for one trade idea. Thoughts please.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Reduce team squads to 18 players.

At the end of the season each manager chooses the 12 squad members he/she wishes to hold on to.
That leaves only 6 draft choices per manager.

Let's say there are 120 players available through the draft. Each manager submits these 120 players in preferred order of choice and the rest is easy for Blewy to do!

As this could lead to an imbalance in a squad (as opposed to selecting one draft round at a time) let managers agree one for one trades for a short period BEFORE the new season starts.

This should make things cut and dried.
Yeah I like the idea Graham, I don't think my suggestion will go ahead, but i like the idea of dropping the teams down to 18, the only thing i'd like different would be to hold on to 10 instead of 12, this way we go back to the original idea of having at least 1 new player in each squad every year....
As for the trade before the season, i like this idea, eg. it allows teams who may have got a couple to many bowlers to trade for a batsman, also i'd like to add a loan period during the season for a case if a team gets a really bad injury that rules out a player they could loan a player from another team but only from the opposite division.....

:D :D :D :D

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I think Graham's idea has merit but as Blewy says keep 10 only. Ditch the idea of WCC contracts to make it simpler. The salary cap is probably too hard to control as well if a list of 120 in order is being submitted.

On the subject of the all star line ups. If everyone selects 2 players forming a squad of 12 then an imbalance may occur. For example a WK may not be chosen. Keep it that everyone selects a squad and the most voted for gets picked. The all star manager then picks his 11 out of 16.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I agree Argonaut. Keep it simple - forget about contracts and salary caps. I'd be happy with Blewy's idea of keeping 10 + going with my suggestions.