• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The State Of Umpiring In The WCC!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Guys..

I am the newly appointed WCCC Umpiring CEO and Development Officer. I have a few ideas regarding the state of Umpiring in the competition as this is an area of great interest for me.

If any Team Manager has a concern about this area, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will endevour to raise these concerns with the Council.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Eyes_Only

[Edited on 6/30/02 by Eyes_Only]

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i have my certificate although it was aquired some years ago( nsw u15's)

i could give u some tips if u like.

;) ;)

haha

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
i have my certificate although it was aquired some years ago( nsw u15's)

i could give u some tips if u like.

;) ;)

haha
Thanks Bugs but I'll pass!! I'm looking very much forward to having Simon Taufel teach me!! ;) :P :laugh:

[Edited on 6/26/02 by Eyes_Only]

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
fancy being brushed for simon taufel

now i may turn gay.!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
That scares me Bugs and I'm quite sure it would scare Simon too!! :O :rolleyes: :laugh: :X

[Edited on 6/27/02 by Eyes_Only]

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i have a list of umpires that u may need to get them to start getting to the games.

what u rekon

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ICC Elite Panel Referees and Umpires
The ICC's new system of Elite Panel Umpires and Referees came into effect in April 2002. From this point on two umpires from the Elite Panel will stand in all future Test matches and there will be one member standing with a home umpire for all One Day Internationals.

Selection Process
All Test match captains were asked to make nominations for the Panels on behalf of their teams. These contributions were given serious consideration in making the final choices from the previous panel of 20 international umpires.

The other major factor in choosing the umpires Panel were the marks achieved by individual umpires over the past four years. These are the marks awarded by captains at the end of each Test match, which assess the umpire's performance against a range of criteria.

Best Decision Makers
"Umpiring is one of the toughest tasks in international sport and this panel represents the best decision makers in the game. Their skills will help improve the overall standard of umpiring at international level and set an example for the next generation of top class umpires to follow," said ICC Chief Executive Officer Malcolm Speed.

On average, each member of the Elite Panel will stand in 12 Test matches and 15 One Day Internationals, a potential on-field workload of 75 days per year. Umpires have agreed two year, full time contracts with the ICC.

An International Panel of umpires, consisting of nominations from each of the ten Test playing cricket boards, will stand in domestic ODIs and supplement the Elite group at times of peak cricketing commitments, when they will also stand in Test matches.

ICC Match Referees
There are now five full time ICC Match Referees, all highly experienced former Test cricketers. Their role is to act as the independent representative of the ICC at all Test and ODI series, ensuring that the ICC Players and Team Officials Code of Conduct and Standard Playing Conditions are upheld and administered.

[Members of Panel]

ICC International Panel Umpires and Referees

The International Panel of umpires will provide officials for all One Day International (ODI) matches and also provide cover for the Elite panel of eight full time umpires at peak times in the Test match calendar and during major tournaments.

Most ODIs will now be umpired by a combination of one Elite Panel and one International Panel umpire, although provision exists for an ICC Elite Panel member to be appointed by his home Board.

International Panel members will also undertake overseas umpiring assignments. This will allow them to gain experience of local conditions around the world and speed up the learning process in readiness for potential elevation to the Elite Panel.

The International Panel of umpires is:

Country Field Umpires Third Umpire
Australia Darrell Hair and Simon Taufel Steve Davis
England Neil Mallender and Peter Willey Jeremy Lloyds
India K Hariharan and Arani Jayaprakash
New Zealand Brent Bowden and Doug Cowie Tony Hill
Pakistan Aleem Dar and Nadeem Ghauri
South Africa Ian Howell and Brian Jerling Shahid Wadvalla
Sri Lanka Peter Manuel and TH Wijewardena
West Indies Billy Doctrove and Eddie Nicholls
Zimbabwe Kevin Barbour and Ahmed Esat Ian Robinson

With a full time panel of five ICC Match Referees in place the International Referees Panel will be called upon less frequently than its umpiring counterparts. Its main function will be to supplement Ranjan Madugalle, Clive Lloyd, Wasim Raja, Gundappa Viswanath and Mike Procter where fixture congestion creates scheduling difficulties.

Country Referee
England Chris Broad
India Erapalli Prasanna
Pakistan Sultan Rana
South Africa Denis Lindsay
Zimbabwe Ahmed Ebrahim