• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How about a Divisional cup

Rich2001

International Captain
Between teams that are in your division this could be best of 3 20-over matches

Just a Suggestion?
I don't wish to write it off (as iam happy to be involed if it was done), but wont that just be the leauge, that we are playing now, but with 20 overs rather than 50?

Rich2001

International Captain
An intresting idea could be to have something like a 5/10 over slog cup. That would show who has the best bowlers and also the quick scoring batsman?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok that can be another topic for our 1st board meeting...

The only problem i can forsee is that we may be trying to run to many comps at once...

With the 50 over a side league..
The 4 day league
20 over a side CA Cup
and then this, it could drag the season out to much...

I had a suggestion from paid in which he said why not play the 50 over and 4 day games as seperate comps but the same...
So if NSW play WA at home in the 50 overs, then WA are @ home in the 4 day????

That way they are still seperate, it doesn't drag out but it keeps it entertaining, the only problem being that in the 2nd season if the divisions are different, decifering where games are played would be a problem....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am sure u could have a few back up grounds that we could use

i will let u guys use my clubs homeground if u like. quality ground. we won the ground of the year last year in the sydney shires comp.

just a thought. u could get each manager to submit 1 official home ground example nsw scg and 2nd allan davidson oval.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
i am sure u could have a few back up grounds that we could use

i will let u guys use my clubs homeground if u like. quality ground. we won the ground of the year last year in the sydney shires comp.

just a thought. u could get each manager to submit 1 official home ground example nsw scg and 2nd allan davidson oval.
That's all well and good Bugs but I have no idea what a number 1 and 2 ground for the Mighty Northen Districts team would be!!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
the 2nd ground could be what ever u wanted. nsw is bankstown oval. allan davidson is my home ground for outdoor.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
the 2nd ground could be what ever u wanted. nsw is bankstown oval. allan davidson is my home ground for outdoor.
So what is the home ground for Northen Districts?? :confused:
Well we may have another forfeit, Eyes you'd better find out were your ground is b4 the weekend.... ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
So what is the home ground for Northen Districts?? :confused:
Well we may have another forfeit, Eyes you'd better find out were your ground is b4 the weekend.... ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D
I know I'm playing Glamorgan at Glamorgan this week GB but I'm talking generally!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
your right greg , i think we need to take it one at a time , and bring things in slowly when this gets bigger and succesful

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Look here is my plan which is kind of the same one I told Greg.

Have two comps, as 7 round 1D comp and a 7 round 4D comp.

If the 1D game AvB was played at A, then the 4D would be at B.

The reason is that if your team starts off with a poor early season, (ie. Tassie 1 from 6) then the suffering would be over quickly.

Promotion would be if you win one of the leagues. If the same team wins both leagues, then the second places play-off some how... The same happens for demotion.

The CA Cup would run how I said previously, ending in all 16 teams having a ranking.

There should only be 3 comps as any more would give too many things too worry about. In my system there are 5 trophies to win, but you can only get 3 at a time maximum. An more comps and too many teams can hold a trophy and they become meaningless, a little like the soccer in England.

Weeks.
CA Cup - 4
4 day comp - 7
1 day comp - 7
TOTAL of 18 weeks.

Thats my theory, sorry if you can't understand it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Only drawback is that after 1 season, the 4 day and 1 day divisions will be different.

How do you then work it out?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
You mean how do you work out promotion and demotion?

Both the winners of the one day and four day competitions are promoted in BOTH leagues.

For example:
If Tassie win the 4day and Tamil Nadu wins the 1day competitions, they are both promoted into both Division One leagues.

If one team wins both leagues then the second place getters in both leagues, play-off for the other spot (How I don't know).

Demotion happens in the same way. If you lose in either of the divisions then you are demoted. If the same team loses both leagues (Yorkshire) then the seventh place getters in both leagues play-off (Again, I don't know how) and the loser of the seiries drops to Division Two.

THIS IS JUST MY IDEA!

Paid The Umpire - WCC Theorist ;)