• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How about a Divisional cup

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You mean how do you work out promotion and demotion?

Both the winners of the one day and four day competitions are promoted in BOTH leagues.

For example:
If Tassie win the 4day and Tamil Nadu wins the 1day competitions, they are both promoted into both Division One leagues.

If one team wins both leagues then the second place getters in both leagues, play-off for the other spot (How I don't know).

Demotion happens in the same way. If you lose in either of the divisions then you are demoted. If the same team loses both leagues (Yorkshire) then the seventh place getters in both leagues play-off (Again, I don't know how) and the loser of the seiries drops to Division Two.

THIS IS JUST MY IDEA!

Paid The Umpire - WCC Theorist ;)
That's unfair on someone who has a good first class team, but a rubbish one day team.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
You mean how do you work out promotion and demotion?

Both the winners of the one day and four day competitions are promoted in BOTH leagues.

For example:
If Tassie win the 4day and Tamil Nadu wins the 1day competitions, they are both promoted into both Division One leagues.

If one team wins both leagues then the second place getters in both leagues, play-off for the other spot (How I don't know).

Demotion happens in the same way. If you lose in either of the divisions then you are demoted. If the same team loses both leagues (Yorkshire) then the seventh place getters in both leagues play-off (Again, I don't know how) and the loser of the seiries drops to Division Two.

THIS IS JUST MY IDEA!

Paid The Umpire - WCC Theorist ;)
That's unfair on someone who has a good first class team, but a rubbish one day team.
Thats the concern i had with this idea to Marc

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
OK new plan.

Same as before but have two different leagues...

One for ONE DAY and another for FOUR DAY?

The CA Cup has all 16 teams and is not worried about which league your in.??

chris.hinton

International Captain
Since we had 16 teams and Proposal of a 4 day cup how about split the 16 teams in 4 groups then 3 matches will be played plus Semi-final and Final (5 Matches) Have a 10 over slog in one week round

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
OK, here is my new plan re-explained.

Each comp. has two leagues:
Div 1 (1 Day)
Div 2 (1 Day)
Div 1 (4 Day)
Div 2 (4 Day)

The system is the same as we have now, except that there are now two divisions.

You can be in Division One for the One-day league but the Second Division for the Four-dayers.

Promotion and demotion are the same as current, two-up and two-down. If you are promoted in the One-day league and not in the Four-dayers then you then in Div 1 for 1day and Div 2 for 4day.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep Thats the plan i was looking at...
Its the easiest to run and the easiest to understand.....
and like Bugs said its like County Cricket....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i think thats the way it should be done blewy.
nice, simple and its a good fight to see who can have both teams in div 1 etc.

u may have a hot 1 day side but a crap 4 day side so its all good

Rich2001

International Captain
that idea seems nice , when do u think it will be implemented by ?
The WCC board will be meeting soon to talk about this. A time should be know soon, but I doubt it will be any time before next season