• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 4 All Star Series

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok people.. With the season coming to a close very soon, the All Star Series will be getting underway...

Last season's format IMO was a very much a success, therefore the same format will be adopted again this season, however with 1 slight adjustment...

Last years teams, Oceania, UK and the Rest of the World will now be joined by a team representing the boys from the Academy Series.

The selection process will also remain the same with each manager nominating 1 Batman and 1 Bowler for One Day and 1 Batman and 1 Bowler for Four Day, A player will not be able to be selected in both the OD and the 4D side, therefore the managers will need to work together to decide on who goes where...

The same process will take place for the selection of the managers, with a 3-2-1 vote given to managers from your region...

Oceania
NSW, QLD, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, West Australia, ACT, Auckland, Canterbury, Nthn Districts

United Kingdom
Glamorgan, Hampshire, Kent, Leicestershire, Lancashire, Somerset, Surrey, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire

Rest of the World
Colts, Free State, Guyana, Jamaica, Karachi, Karnataka, Mashonaland, Mumbai, Tamil Nadu, Western Province

Academy
Sobers XI, Bradman XI, Flower Xi, Border XI, Imran Khan XI, Pollock XI, Hadlee XI, Ranatunga XI, Gavaskar XI, Botham XI

There will be 4 people chosen to manage each reagion 2 for 1d and 2 for 4d...

The 2 managers for the region will then decide on which player of the 2 from each team submitted will represent...
This will give the squad 10 players, The 2 managers will then select 2 keepers and 4 players who they feel deserve selection in the squad this will make up a total of 16 players...
The maximum amount of players each team can have representing their region is 3 so the 2 keepers and 4 extras cannot come from the 1 team...

The managers will then work together to select sides etc for their games...

The tournament itself will be a Four way Round Robin, with each team playing each other twice, Once home and Once away.
The top 2 after the round games will then play a in the Final, The Test Final will be a One off, whilst the One Day final will be changed to a Best of Three Series...

If People can start emailing me soon with the selections of players from their Squad and their managers in the format below..

SA All Star Selections

ONE DAY
Batsman: D.Lehmann
Bowler: S.Bond

Managers
3: NSW
2: ACT
1: QLD

FOUR DAY
Batsman: R Stratton
Bowler: B.Dennett

Managers
3: WA
2: TAS
1: VIC

Please Note you can select the same 2 players for both OD and 4D but as said above each player can only represent in 1 format..

As for managers if a manager is selected to manage both formats, they will be asked which job they prefer and the other position offered to the next in line...

If their are any questions about this please ask..

Cloete

International Captain
can the managers who managed teh side last year do the same this year? Because IMO ian and i were very successful in the 4d with what we had, considering the lieks of the Oceanic team!

Rich2001

International Captain
Cloete said:
can the managers who managed teh side last year do the same this year? Because IMO ian and i were very successful in the 4d with what we had, considering the lieks of the Oceanic team!
You can only do it again if your selected by your fellow managers, therefore you better get your wallet out now if your really desprate to do it again ;) :D

Cloete

International Captain
age_master said:
i think the managers should also have had to been in WCC for the whole season.
yep i agree with andrew. i don't think you can come in half-way through the season and expect to get an all-star position.

nibbs

International Captain
Cloete said:
yep i agree with andrew. i don't think you can come in half-way through the season and expect to get an all-star position.
I disagree. Whoever gets voted in, gets the job.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Most of us academy guys have only been in our comp for half season. Also blewy, there are some academy teams without managers i think so what will they do regarding players?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Starting off, Any manager can be selected, New guys miss out on the academy sides and if they have done a good enough job with their side to get nominated then good luck to them...

As for the academy teams, Jason will nominate the players from the teams who have no managers, and as for who manages, i think there are only a few of you so u may all get a run...

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
That's right Simon. I'll pick the academy guys for the team with no managers. Since Duse got promoted there are now only 4 academy mangers so yes they will all get a go at managing the Academy All Star side. I'll pick who gets what spot based on their team performance.

DJellett

International Debutant
My Nominations

The Flower's XI selections

PLAYERS

4 Day

Batsman: P. Marsden
Bowler: A. Adams

1 Day

Batsman: P. Marsden
Bowler: O. Rai Singh

MANAGERS

4 Day

3. Dark Hunter
2. Aust_Hitman
1. Ferd

1 Day

3. Ferd
2. Aust_Hitman
1. Dark Hunter

The reason I select Darky on top for the four day competition is that we live almost next door to each other, and are very good friends therefore making the managerial duties very easy for us to share.
We would be hoping to manage the 4 day side if possible guys. Thank you.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
On behalf of Dark Hunter

Dark Hunter cannot get online at the moment so here are his selections.

4 Day

Bat: Z. Marshall
Bowl: D. Mohammed

1 Day

Bat: H. Kulatunga
Bowl: M. Smethurst

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
WA Selections

OD

1.SA
2.ACT
3.NSW

4D

1.VIC
2.QLD
3.TAS

OD Players

1. C Donald
2. J Langer

4D Players

1. D Martyn
2. Z Keegan

No-one selected twice and only my own player selected for selections.

Graham

3rd Umpire
LANCASHIRE'S selections:

FC

Manager votes - Yorkshire, Surrey, Kent

Players nominated - R.Dravid (batsman/WK), Y.Engineer (pace bowler)

OD

Manager votes - Yorkshire, Warwickshire, Kent

Players nominated - K.Harvey (batsman/allrounder), Q.Boxall (pace bowler)

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Karnataka

Players

FC
S Maxwell
V Wadekar

OD
S Borde(wk/bat)
K Ali

Managers
Both FC and OD