• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 Retirements

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well they have been finalised...

All will be revealed within the next 24 hours...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok here are the retirements from Season 5...

26 retirements, with some very very bigs names departing the WCC...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
And the replacement players who will try and stamp their mark on the WCC and become the next superstars of cricket are......

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire retirements

Nathan Astle has called it a day, bringing the career of one of NZs best ever batsmen to a close. "I've been doing a lot of thinking of late, and I decided it was time. My wife has just had our first child, so I've decided its more important for me to stay with my family now instead of being on the road 6 months of the year."

Astle ends his career at Warwickshire, his third WCC club. Manager Kurt Christensen was disapointed, but accepted his reasoning. "He's been a great player for us this season, and I wish him all the best for the future. There'll always be a position here at Warwickshire if he wants it".

Meanwhile Adam Dale and Paul Holloway were informed that they were sacked for not retiring. "After all I've done for them, this is how they repay me, bastards. We had some good young players lined up for when they retired, only for them to turn around and back stab me, the club and its supporters. We can never forgive them for this."

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Argh once again I've been ripped off. McGrath's off to heaven and my birthmother just produced some crappy player. oh well some teams get it all.

Cloete

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
Argh once again I've been ripped off. McGrath's off to heaven and my birthmother just produced some crappy player. oh well some teams get it all.
bah i hear you! i'm sitting with some guy who struggles to bowl a ball on the pitch in replacement for Mann! while blewy yet again gets another champion!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
These things happen!

I lose an average bowler who is nowhere near the best around, and get a superb batsman! 8D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Nooo Not stewy macgill..

But Jesus Christ has resurrected and come back in the form of Y Pollard for hampshire avging 50 with that bat for od and 60 in FC

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
bah i hear you! i'm sitting with some guy who struggles to bowl a ball on the pitch in replacement for Mann! while blewy yet again gets another champion!

by the standards of your other rookies i wouldn't be complaining...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i have like 400 players over the age of 30 and i get 1 retire

aaarrrrgggggg

and what a crap rookie i get to replace him like usuall:P

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
i have like 400 players over the age of 30 and i get 1 retire

aaarrrrgggggg

and what a crap rookie i get to replace him like usuall:P
crap!?!?!?!