• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help with another Program....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Guys i need the help of our genious players again to create a Program which will generate the retirements of players at the end of the Season...
I am not sure how to go about it but i have a file with all the players and their ages which i would like to be used with the program....

If anyone can help with this please get back to me....
It is not an urgent thing so there is no need to rush, but i'd like to know whos doing it so i can work with them......

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
heheh you'd be surprised at how many that would be Graham....
Half the English squads are over 35.....
:D :D :D

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I don't know much about the simulator you are using for the games. It obviously uses the player's averages to generate their abilities and results. Does form play a part and does their age play a part in the game. If so then age combined with a drop off in form could be used as the basis for retiring players. Also if they haven't played many games during the season then they would be more likely to retire (in a real life situation) so maybe that can be used.

I have Maynard in my side who I think is fairly old but he is currently my best batsman and I am using him as a keeper as well. I would like him to continue in my side for the next season. That sort of thing could also be used. Players not kept and are thrown into the draft could be retired off once a certain age.

Just a few ideas to consider.