• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retirement Rookies

Cloete

International Captain
Okay goffy and jason i think i have missed a trick somewhere! Apparently I have a rookie called B Mongia?? How did I get him?? I haven't seen any retiree tables yet but I am guessing you must have done them?? Because otherwise I have no idea how I obatained this guy!! Any thoughts?? :ticking:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I incorrectly put the 30 guys that are going straight to the draft against teams. I have removed them so Mongia will be going straight to the draft.

nibbs

International Captain
speaking of retirement, when are the season 4 retirements likely to be announced???

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
retirements are in fashion atm

players usually announce retirements about 1/2 way through the season, which is the point we are at...

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Why are people so keen to move the game on so quickly?

Well the season has been moving on if you haven't noticed. This week is week 14/21. It hasn't been confirmed or anything, but trading must start around week 17 (round 9 od) and thats not exactly that far away....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why must it start round week 17?

If it starts early it takes attention away from the end of the season, and also don't forget we need a break between seasons for admin etc.

Bearing in mind all trades last year took place in about a week, I see no reason to open it so early, especially as then people will be moaning about there being nothing happening whilst we're trying to update things.

Then I guess by week 3 of the new season people will be begging to know when will we get details about the next season...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok after speaking with Marc i have decided that the retirements will be done within the next fortnight...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
on trading i dont think that it is necessary either to start trading so early.

i would prefer if trading was after the season so that it does not detract too much from the matches etc.