• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Half-way point review

nibbs

International Captain
We're heading into the second half of WCC's 4th season this weekend. Looking back on the past 10 weeks, how do you rate your teams effort thus far and who are your stand out players etc???

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire

4D: After most of the clubs resources were put in making this 4D side the one to beat in division 3, its been a real disapointment to have only notched up 1 win so far. Kevin Dean has been a standout with the ball with 29 wickets, while Daniel Howarth has been ever reliable with the bat, scoring over 500 runs in the first 5 games. The bowling has been solid to say the least. Kaneria and Gregson both in fine touch. But the batting has become a real concern. Bonus points just aren't coming as the team fails week in week out to secure batting points. After whats been a disapointing couple of weeks in 4D cricket Warwickshire sit 4th in division 3, but well within range of leading club Western Australia.

OD: Has been a real shock IMO. 5 games, for 5 wins. The bowlers have shared the success, all 5 picking up 8-9 wickets each respectively. Further more batting in the OD game as gone well with several players doing well. Rookie Rowell and Hemp have been the stand outs with the bat. We sit 1st in division 3, and hope to be able to stay there.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
MY TEAM

I may of only been manager of Karachi for one game but i still no all the stats and tables and stuff so......

One Day:
My leading run getter is U Afzaal with 198 runs at 49.5. My leading wicket taker is C Elstub with 11 wickets at 20.27. Leading fielder is U Baig with 9 catches and 1 stumping. We currently sit equal 3rd on the ladder.
Enough of the stats, this is what i think. So far i have seen a well put together team that has played well as a aunit but has lacked a real top class run scorer. All we need is one or two wins and we'll be in with a chance of becoming top of Div 5.

Four Day:
My leading run getter is G Gambhir with 353 runs at an average of 58.83. My leading wicket taker is M Sami with 33 wickets at 20.21. Leading fielder is M Wallace with 24 catches and 1 stumping. We currently sit 2nd just oen win of top spot in Div 5.

All is going well in the Four Day part of the game just need to beat top spot Mashonaland in round 8 to take over the reigns.

hope u liked my stats and stuff all comments will be great