• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 4, Four Day REPORTS

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire hosted Glamorgan and batted first. Howarth went early put solid contributions from Sriram (57), Rowell (55), and Astle (71) ensured the home side passed the bonus point mark. Warwickshire made 297 and were keen to push on for a good 1st innings lead. Former Warwickshire player Mark Ealham picked up 3/64.

Glamorgans reply was solid, without being awesome. A superb spell of spin bowling from Danish Kaneria (4/63) saw Glamorgans plans come crashing down, as they were all out for 235.

Warwickshire with a healthy 62 run advantage took full control of the match as a master class knock from Howarth (155*) saw the home side declare at 343/4. Howarth found good assistance from Astle (76*) whom he shared an unbroken stand of 143 with.

Now well and truely up against it, Glamorgan crumbled like a pack of cards, Kanera snearing 5/44. Glamorgan were rolled for 135 handing Warwickshire a 274 run win, and their win of the season. Kaneria picked up 9 wickets for the match.

Warwickshire now have 1 win, 1 defeat, 1 draw and 1 tie (a WCC first). The question is what will be the first to reach 2. I'm hoping we'll make 2 wins, has we look to catch up with Western Australia. Howarth looks to be getting ready for a running mission in the up coming four day games. 486 runs at 69, and with plenty more to come...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
ill do the report for you age_master, no need to worry

Colts Belt Somerset

Once again, a faint Somerset hope was smashed, this time by a rampaging Colts. Batting first, Colts piled on the runs before ripping through Somersets fragile batting order. In the end, it was victory by 350+ runs for the Colts.

Who can say whether Somerset will win next week, but my guess is a resounding NO.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
ill do the report for you age_master, no need to worry

Colts Belt Somerset

Once again, a faint Somerset hope was smashed, this time by a rampaging Colts. Batting first, Colts piled on the runs before ripping through Somersets fragile batting order. In the end, it was victory by 350+ runs for the Colts.

Who can say whether Somerset will win next week, but my guess is a resounding NO.
And a bit of revenge, Last week Somerset won by not submitting their side, however this week Colts failed to submit and Somerset were the unfortunate side..

thierry henry

International Coach
Worcestershire WON!

That's all I have to say, I'm shocked and still haven't recovered. Not getting my hopes up yet though.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Solid Showing by Province

Whilst the Province side didn't escape with many points out of their fourth round clash against Northern Districts, they kept their undefeated streak in tact.

Province won the toss and batted on a bouncy wicket, underneath overcast skies. The top order seemed unsettled as they went about batting in their new positions, with Llewellyn once again the star scoring 93. The game was evenly poised at 5-197 however the Province lower order then got on top with Samaraweera (70) and Schofield (67) taking the game away from Northern Districts. All of Districts bowlers contributed effectively with the majority getting amongst the wickets.

The Northern Districts openers then batted their side to lunch on the second day which in the end was all the play that was able to take place.

This then prompted Western Province manager Slats4ever to comment on the points system for draws in 4 day cricket.

Slats4ever "I think it's unfair really that a side only takes a quarter of the points when they have a rained out draw. I'm going to make an official thread about this one but stay tuned. other than that the game was solid, most of the batsman made decent in roads with the conditions over cast. We still have a firm hold on division 4 with our unbeaten record but we wanna get back on the winning trail"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A 3rd win in 4 games for Surrey - can anyone tell what it is I'm doing this season that I didn't last year?

In shock at such a good start to the season after the disappointment of relegation last year - but well satisfied!

Asks a question though - is there already a gulf between Div 1 and Div 2?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well nsw turned up but as usual struggled to do anything on the field and there results show.

there has and will be a massive shack up with in the nsw camp and some big names may find them selves running fresh gloves onto the field if they dont start to produce.

mumbai smashed us by 9 wickets so no more needed !!!!!!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guyana Lose Local Derby

Guyana faced it’s closest neighbour in World Club Cricket and once again fell short in a pathetic batting display. Guyana batted first on a flat Guyana track, but a mixture of poor shot selection and good, tight bowling from Jamaica left Guyana well short with a first innings total of 209. Despite promising contributions from Perren (42) and captain McKenzie (69) Guyana were unable to build and substantial partnerships and consequently fell well short of a competitive total that was needed. Jamaica were led well by Johnson who took 5-61.

The Guyana bowlers who were once again put under pressure by their batsman bowled well but lacked penetration. Several contributions from Jamaica led them to 380 and a healthy 171 run lead. Cole was the pick of the Guyana bowlers who took 3-100. To go with his five wicket haul in the previous round.

Guyana were just as poor in their second innings and without the assistance of Perren (75) would not have made Jamaica bat again. A total of 228 gave Guyana a lead of 57, and were only able to take one wicket in Jamaica’s chase.

Guyana 209

McKenzie 69
Perren 42

Johnson 5-61
R Pawar 2-25

Jamaica 380

Dippenaar 65
Singh 57

Cole 3-100
Rose 2-29

Guyana 228

Perren 75