• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A suggestion

nibbs

International Captain
Perhaps a way to increase interest could be to change the format of teams. I mean for instance there will only ever be one NSW or Queensland. However a lot of managers come from NSW (I think) and if in control of such teams, they might feel more passion for certain teams etc.

I'm thinking that perhaps instead of it being a club competition, it could maybe become a franchise competition, similiar to the NBA. Instead of perhaps Cloete managing Tamil Nadu, his team could become the Brisbane Hornets etc. This could mean in Sydney there's more than 1 team, which could maybe develop in some intense rivalries etc.

Of coarse this is just a suggestion, as we look for ways to keep interest levels up.

Your thoughts?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a bad suggestion Nibbs... I like the sounds of it.. Ill give more views on it soon...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't mind the international side of things, but I would not be adverse to franchises.

I think another way to keep up interest would be to introduce real life players. We have enough (WCC) players from around the world to know who all the new players are. They could be added as the rookies. And if there aren't enough there can be the 'made-up' rookies too.

Cloete

International Captain
i like kurt's idea. it does sound really good but i really don't think a change of name will help anything drastically?? but it can't hurt so i'm for it.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
I don't mind the international side of things, but I would not be adverse to franchises.

I think another way to keep up interest would be to introduce real life players. We have enough (WCC) players from around the world to know who all the new players are. They could be added as the rookies. And if there aren't enough there can be the 'made-up' rookies too.
This gets done already. Real players not involved in the comp are added to the academy list of players to strengthen the list for the next draft. Players that have bad stats are taken off the list.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I reckon if we were to get franchises happening I'd love to see Salary Caps going as well... that'd be great

Cloete

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
I reckon if we were to get franchises happening I'd love to see Salary Caps going as well... that'd be great
yeah that's a great idea... would work really well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the idea of the salary method combined with franchises. It will take an investment of more time and thought into playing the game. This would filter out the managers who aren't truly committed and leave the cream of the crop which all makes for a better WCC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
yeah that's a great idea... would work really well.
Could work really well, but not necessarily - could mean a lot of managers with currently strong teams see their sides weakened considerably - would they like that?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally I don't see what name changes will add to the game - in fact it will only confuse things IMO.

At least we have proper teams playing at the moment at proper locations.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Personally I don't see what name changes will add to the game - in fact it will only confuse things IMO.
Perhaps there might be a brief moment of confusion. A name change could make a lot of difference. Would you rather manage some crusty Zimbabwean side (no offence Rik) or an Australia or English side of your choice. For most the idea of the latter would be much more appealing...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
nibblet said:
Would you rather manage some crusty Zimbabwean side (no offence Rik) or an Australia or English side of your choice
Well I'd rather manage the Zimbabwean side, since I asked for a Zimbabwean team in the 1st place. I don't see the benefit of name changes, we all picked the clubs we wanted to play as, and we are playing as them...now if you wanted to change the name of a side you didn't want any more, like Somerset if you are a Durham man, but I don't see the point of it otherwise. It's World Club Cricket...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Heres an example. I play in a rugby league sim and they use the capping system and strong teams are stil strong and weak ones stillweak.. but it adds a new dimension. If you wanna take alook a how its system about capping work check this out
http://au.geocities.com/forum_rugby_league/
this is sorta how i envisage WCC going

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
names, well im fine with the current, but am not unwilling to chang e to a sydney based name

on a salary cap that is something i would love to have but, as with the last time this was brought up the actual details are difficalt to be agreed on, as the system must be fair - this would create a huge upheaval in the next trading period which would be good for WCC. but i think that it would be brillint for WCC if a salary cap system was brought in.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I like the idea of the salary method combined with franchises. It will take an investment of more time and thought into playing the game. This would filter out the managers who aren't truly committed and leave the cream of the crop which all makes for a better WCC.
I wouldn't really have the time for it, but since, of course, I'm not committed, my thrashing of you in the last game is now void? ;)