• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Reports Round 4 One Day

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Wobbly Province Finally on Front Foot

The smallest crowd in his time at managing Province turned out to meet Slats and the boys as they looked to gain some pride back in the one day comp.

Early on it looked as though it was going to be another loss as Province were reduced to 2-17 with Llewellyn and Nelson struggling. However Cameron, with the new added pressure of batting at 3 and Rickman went about rectifying the innings taking the bowling to all parts. Rickman layed the foundation for the rest of the innings scoring 42 at better than a run a ball. Glamorgan then looked like they had Province on the back foot but some exciting batting by Schofield and Kabir held the innings together allowing the side to reach 243, their best effort this season. Hockley was the pick of the bowlers, whilst only taking one wicket kept it to 2.1 runs an over.

Nelson, who for so long this season had been kept under the blanket of poor form then came out firing, as he sent the top order of Glamorgan crumbling, taking an impressive 5-34. Currymuncher was the only one able to hold his head up making 44 before the lower order were humbled by the all round bowling efforts of Schofield and Samaraweera.

Western Province ended up winning by 92 runs to finally record their first victory in the one day tournament of the year and break a 4 game one day drought.

Slats4ever
"It's a start, and we needed to make this first step. We can now start concentrating on putting in good performances like this more often. Everyone really supported ok today, whilst we are still capable of more. Ishy was great, and the all round ability of Schoie was enough to get us home"

Player of the year points
3- Nelson
2- Schofield
1- Rickman

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire continue to play amazing cricket making it 4/4 in the one day league. Owen Hemp and Daniel Howarth were awesome as the Bears made it 4th time lucky in trying to beat Worcestershire in WCC one dayer. In beating Worcestershire they also won the Steve Prefontaine Memorial Trophy off their arch-rivals.

Steve Prefontaine Memorial Trophy History

Worcestershire 1 Win
Warwickshire 1 Win

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Somerset complete 1st win of season

It was hard to miss the irony at the end of this one. Somerset, whom had lost every game so far, won after not submitting their side.

Seriously. The one time I don't play a part in selection we win. Is this a sign?:(

On the other hand, who cares, we won!:D :D :saint:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Auckland cruises to another victory

Young Rennie Plummer took 4/33, bowling with tremdous pace and swing, to limit Tasmania to 199 all out. Only Rudolph (59) and Miller (69 not out) looked comfortable at all, and Plummer had each dropped before he had scored.

In reply Irving Weekes (53 not out) continued his impressive debut season as he added 50 runs with Rowell (22) and 43 with Briers (12 not out) to see Auckland home.

Simon De Jong also contributed nicely with 46.

Summary:

Tasmania 199 all out (48.5 overs)
(M Miller 69 not out, J Rudolph 59)
(R Plummer 4/33 [10])

Auckland 200/6 (46 overs)
(I Weekes 53 not out, S De Jong 46)
(D Powell 2/25 [10], F Akram 2/50 [10])

Cloete

International Captain
TN Storm Home

Well TN stormed home against a strong Surrey side to secure our 3rd one day win of the season.

Surrey won the toss at the Chidambaram Stadium and elected to bat on what looked to be a perfect wicket and a sunny day. Things looked ominous for Surrey as youth revelation Kumble used the little bit of moisture in the pitch to perfection. He dismissed Slater (11) with the score on 1-17 and then Wickrama (4) with the score on 1-31. Parker was next out clean bowled by the ACT recruit Simon Mann. Mane did a brilliant job as he secured the innings from the openers spot with 56 from 68 balls. Some brilliant hitting at the end by Puttick(50 off 46)helped Surrey to a very respectable 230. With chasing been proven extremely difficult so far this season, things were looking good for Surrey.

It was Yuvraj Singh who did the damage with a brilliant 4/48. He's proving to be a good choice for my number 1 spinner in one-day accompanied with his brilliant batting.

Webster did the job as usual with 10 overs 2/34. Webster's bowling has been nothing but brilliant this season accompanied with his batting performances he's been a gem for TN.

Kumble 10 2/47
Mann 10 1/42
Wright 10 1/40
Chapman 1 0/8
rounded out TN's bowling

Things started well with Birch and Ganguly piling up runs in the opening stand. Eventually Ganguly fell for 33 with the score on 1-90. Birch went 14 runs later having scored 49, very unlucky not to get his 50. Van Jaarsveld bowled for 26 from 19 balls by Petal with the score on 3-134 and Webster went just 2 runs later for a well made 15 off 17 balls. From there TN never looked back Parlane gritted out the tight bowling (bar AA) and made a brilliant 35*, hopefully that will bring him some much needed form. But overall it was the Yuvraj Singh show. Singh played an absolutely brilliant knock, he managed 59* off 76 balls and brought TN home fro a win by 6 wickets off 43.2 overs.

Surrey A.O 230 (Mane 56, Puttick 50 Singh 4/48 Webster 2/30) from 49 overs

Tamil Nadu 4/231 (Singh 59*, Birch 49, Parlane 35* Agarkar 2/67) from 43.2 overs

Man of the Match goes to Yuvraj Singh for a BRILLIANT match-winning performance.

Singh has been the leading run-scorer and has the highest avreage for TN. He has amassed 182 runs already at an average of 91.

He's second leading wicket taker with 9 wickets and has a s/r of 26 in his bowling.

My condolances do go out to Surrey however who put up a gallant performance and lost in unfortunate circumstances without me submitting a side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: TN Storm Home

Cloete said:
My condolances do go out to Surrey however who put up a gallant performance and lost in unfortunate circumstances without me submitting a side.
That fact had escaped my notice till then.

Oh well, these things happen, and this season is already exceeding my expectations, although AA's place is in jeopardy...

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Re: TN Storm Home

marc71178 said:
That fact had escaped my notice till then.

Oh well, these things happen, and this season is already exceeding my expectations, although AA's place is in jeopardy...
just in the 1d team?

or you mean draft material? :lol:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guyana Struggle Again

An improved bowling performance could not produce a win for Guyana. In the battle of the two top draft picks, which was clearly won by Pietersen, Jamaica defeated Guyana by 97 runs. Jamaica won the toss and elected to bat and got off to a strong start with openers DiVenuto (43) and Ardley (57) combining for a 101 opening partnership off 19 overs. Guyana then struck back reducing Jamaica to 5-146 after 28.2 overs with some strong bowling from Rose (3-48). However this good spell of bowling was not backed up by his Guyana team-mates unable to get the vital breakthroughs. Pietersen (62) and Ronchi (49) combined for a much needed 80 run partnership and with some help from the Jamaican lower order were able to set a competitive total of 246.

Guyana once again looked good early, but as has been the case in Guyana’s four run chases they have not been able to build on these impressive starts, with each batsman trying to hit fours rather than build partnerships. Chopra and Hills got Guyana to 1-36 off 6.1 overs before White (4-63) removed Hills (15). From then on Guyana were unable to produce any substantial partnerships with only Chopra (32) and Perren (43*) making a substantial contribution. Guyana were once again punished for not using all their overs being bowled out for 149 in the 29th over.

Jamaica 6-246 (50)

Pietersen 62 (83)
Ardley 57 (73)

Rose 3-48 (10)
Giles 2-41 (10)

Guyana 149 (28.1)

Perren 43* (51)
Chopra 32 (37)

White 4-63 (10)
Troughton 2-12 (3)

MOM: White