• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Seasonal Board Member's Verdict

Cloete

International Captain
Ok on behalf of poor old Auckland, as seasonal board member, I advise a rematch in the VB Cup game between Karnataka and Auckland be redone as to be fair to Auckland.

Karnataka batted first and made 135 A.O

Auckland then made 16 A.O

Ali collecting 9/0, now you may think it a touch of sheer brilliance but I had a closer look at his stats. 1 over 1 maiden 0 runs 9 wickets. Now i don't see it possible that he could collect 9 wickets in 6 balls when no extras were in the innings and he conceeded no runs just to further prove it.

I think there was some sort of bug and Auckland should have the chance of a rematch. I haven't as yet had time to consult with Liam about the matter. But I am sure he will agree with my point.

Something may already have been done about this though, so if it has forgive me because as you know i've been away.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I dont understand y this has become a big issue.Everyone is giving his verdict.Dont the people remember same thing happened to ND last season when 7 of their batsman got out for duck and the whole team was out for a similar score and that too in a 50 over league game if i remember.I agree it is very unrealistic but it is part and parcel of the game and the sim.

The only problem in that scorecard is that it shows K Ali stats as 1 1 0 9.Actually if u see the total overs it shows 4 overs.So the only bug in it is it should have been K Ali 1.3 1 0 9 and total overs 3.3.K Ali hasnt taken 9 wickets in 6 balls he has taken 9 in 9.I know this is almost impossible in real game but as people say anything can happen in cricket.

I am not against the rematch but i dont think there should be one.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aditya said:
I dont understand y this has become a big issue.

:rolleyes: Why doesn't that surprise me?!

That result is not fair on the other teams in the group, since it is clearly a farce.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok look the thing here is the game will not be replayed....

There are 3 options....

1/ We continue on and see out this seasons VB Cup and take the results as they come.....

2/ We scrap the VB Cup this season and re-invent it next season....

3/ We start the VB Cup again with a different Sim....

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Making sure you guys know what I think....

I can only see and can only hope that either options 2 or 3 happen. Keeping with this sim can only create problems and make matters worse.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
we start the VB season.. most results arent plain unrealistic..

hamps goin on out for 44 against Free state ? in realistic with a batting lineup like that no one would crumble to people with avgs of 34 32...

Im not just saying that because i lost.. but i feel for auckland aswell.. its really unfair and seems unrealistic in that situation aswell.. K Ali is by no means a superhuman to take 9 wickets..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My personal view, since most people are posting in here, is to scrap the VB this season, and start it as a 50 over next season.

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
1/ We continue on and see out this seasons VB Cup and take the results as they come.....

2/ We scrap the VB Cup this season and re-invent it next season....

3/ We start the VB Cup again with a different Sim....
I vote for option 1, ok guys at the end of the day it was one match that was bad... I know it's not ideal but we lived with it for 3 seasons and only got a few odd results it's not like all the results were bad, it's not really fair to lose everything just for one odd result.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
My bowlers average in the region of 18-19, Reuben.
and most of my batsmen avg more than 40 easily.. its like im the australia and your a hmm..new zealand thats never gonna happen still

Australia because ive got a pretty strong batting lineup and my bowling lineup is equally strong

New zealand because when most of our bowlers step into the international level the normally start of with very low good averages

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Breaking News!

Although he stated previously that he is not too bother, Auckland manager Liam Camps seems now ready to cash in on the situation as best as possible. In a very brief press conference, Mr. Camps stated (among other obscure comments):

"Auckland demands reimbursement via funds for WCC betting. In other words, we're sueing the WCC Board for $1500 :D"

The world awaits the response. :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rich2001 said:
I vote for option 1, ok guys at the end of the day it was one match that was bad... I know it's not ideal but we lived with it for 3 seasons and only got a few odd results it's not like all the results were bad, it's not really fair to lose everything just for one odd result.
yeah i agree.