Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Seasonal Board Member's Verdict

Seasonal Board Member's Verdict

Ok on behalf of poor old Auckland, as seasonal board member, I advise a rematch in the VB Cup game between Karnataka and Auckland be redone as to be fair to Auckland.

Karnataka batted first and made 135 A.O

Auckland then made 16 A.O

Ali collecting 9/0, now you may think it a touch of sheer brilliance but I had a closer look at his stats. 1 over 1 maiden 0 runs 9 wickets. Now i don't see it possible that he could collect 9 wickets in 6 balls when no extras were in the innings and he conceeded no runs just to further prove it.

I think there was some sort of bug and Auckland should have the chance of a rematch. I haven't as yet had time to consult with Liam about the matter. But I am sure he will agree with my point.

Something may already have been done about this though, so if it has forgive me because as you know i've been away.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

U19 Vice-Captain
    I dont understand y this has become a big issue.Everyone is giving his verdict.Dont the people remember same thing happened to ND last season when 7 of their batsman got out for duck and the whole team was out for a similar score and that too in a 50 over league game if i remember.I agree it is very unrealistic but it is part and parcel of the game and the sim.

The only problem in that scorecard is that it shows K Ali stats as 1 1 0 9.Actually if u see the total overs it shows 4 overs.So the only bug in it is it should have been K Ali 1.3 1 0 9 and total overs 3.3.K Ali hasnt taken 9 wickets in 6 balls he has taken 9 in 9.I know this is almost impossible in real game but as people say anything can happen in cricket.

I am not against the rematch but i dont think there should be one.
    Manager of Karnataka
    Season 2 Div 3 Four Day Champions
    Season 2 Div 3 One Day Runners up
    Season 2 Vb Cup Champions
    Season 3 Div 2 Four Day Champions
    Season 3 Div 3 One Day Champions
    Season 4 Div 2 One Day Champions

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by aditya
    I dont understand y this has become a big issue.

:rolleyes: Why doesn't that surprise me?!

That result is not fair on the other teams in the group, since it is clearly a farce.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Ok look the thing here is the game will not be replayed....

There are 3 options....

1/ We continue on and see out this seasons VB Cup and take the results as they come.....

2/ We scrap the VB Cup this season and re-invent it next season....

3/ We start the VB Cup again with a different Sim....

International Vice-Captain
    Making sure you guys know what I think....

I can only see and can only hope that either options 2 or 3 happen. Keeping with this sim can only create problems and make matters worse.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    we start the VB season.. most results arent plain unrealistic..

hamps goin on out for 44 against Free state ? in realistic with a batting lineup like that no one would crumble to people with avgs of 34 32...

Im not just saying that because i lost.. but i feel for auckland aswell.. its really unfair and seems unrealistic in that situation aswell.. K Ali is by no means a superhuman to take 9 wickets..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    My bowlers average in the region of 18-19, Reuben.

We just plain annihilated you.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    My personal view, since most people are posting in here, is to scrap the VB this season, and start it as a 50 over next season.

3rd Umpire
    Don't scrap it. Either continue as is or restart it as a 50 over comp using the new sim.

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Originally posted by Blewy
    1/ We continue on and see out this seasons VB Cup and take the results as they come.....

2/ We scrap the VB Cup this season and re-invent it next season....

3/ We start the VB Cup again with a different Sim....
    I vote for option 1, ok guys at the end of the day it was one match that was bad... I know it's not ideal but we lived with it for 3 seasons and only got a few odd results it's not like all the results were bad, it's not really fair to lose everything just for one odd result.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    My bowlers average in the region of 18-19, Reuben.
    and most of my batsmen avg more than 40 easily.. its like im the australia and your a hmm..new zealand thats never gonna happen still

Australia because ive got a pretty strong batting lineup and my bowling lineup is equally strong

New zealand because when most of our bowlers step into the international level the normally start of with very low good averages

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

Breaking News!

Although he stated previously that he is not too bother, Auckland manager Liam Camps seems now ready to cash in on the situation as best as possible. In a very brief press conference, Mr. Camps stated (among other obscure comments):

"Auckland demands reimbursement via funds for WCC betting. In other words, we're sueing the WCC Board for $1500 "

The world awaits the response.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Originally posted by Rich2001
    I vote for option 1, ok guys at the end of the day it was one match that was bad... I know it's not ideal but we lived with it for 3 seasons and only got a few odd results it's not like all the results were bad, it's not really fair to lose everything just for one odd result.
    yeah i agree.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Thread Information