• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 4 Rookies

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well finally the announcement alot of you have been waiting for...

Finding out whether your talent scouts and your youth coaches are earning their money....

The rookies for Season 4 are a decent batch with some possible stars amongst them, Once again unfortunatley not all teams can get the stars but to those who did congratulations, but remember work still has to be done to ensure they are up to the World Class standard of the WCC....

The 1st batch of rookies are the bunch who were selected from regions outside the WCC for scholarships to attend the WCC Academy and participate in the Season 5 Draft....

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
most of those academy rookies are pretty average, but there is some chance of getting some talent there.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The 2nd batch of Rookies are the 1st lot to come through their respective clubs Rookie development programs from their Season 3 development programs...
They have the option of being shipped off to the academy to further their progression or they may be kept in their squad to participate in their sides VB Cup fixtures for this season...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The 3rd and final batch of Rookies are the 2nd lot to come through their respective clubs Rookie development programs from their Season 3 development programs...
They also have the option of being shipped off to the academy to further their progression or they may be kept in their squad to participate in their sides VB Cup fixtures for this season...

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL to be honest i didn't even see him there, he would have to be the best rookie seen in the game so far i think...

Congrats Sim...

Simon

Blewy said:
LOL to be honest i didn't even see him there, he would have to be the best rookie seen in the game so far i think...

Congrats Sim...

what a super player, and just another 1d average of 50 for this seasons VB cup campaign....

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire like the looks of their rookies, even though they weren't exactly what I was hoping for, but then again I was being rather optimistic, eh Blewy :P.

Before I make any annoucements of any sorts, Blewy could you do me a favour. Could you please please please rename them, W.Jones and M.Jones please please pretty please with cherries on top :). Cheers Nibblet...

Simon

Blewy said:
Oh crap!!!
:( :( :( :( :(
LOL........
i know a lot of people arent taking the VB cup seriously, but i think i have the side to win it, and im going after it!

anyway back to the rookies..........
Some very interesting results, some teams who needed players more than others seem to have missed out a bit, which is a real shame :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
nibblet said:
Warwickshire like the looks of their rookies, even though they weren't exactly what I was hoping for, but then again I was being rather optimistic, eh Blewy :P.

Before I make any annoucements of any sorts, Blewy could you do me a favour. Could you please please please rename them, W.Jones and M.Jones please please pretty please with cherries on top :). Cheers Nibblet...
Only cause you asked so nicely Nibbs.... :P :P :P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
S.A

P-Haylett - 42 FC 45 OD
F Hamlett - 45 FC 53 OD

Is that your rewards for all the hard work :P :P

GOD SAVE HAMPSHIRE !!

why are the forbidden people sent to hampshire!! every year we get bunch of godforsaken rookies.. im not complaining im only blaming the curse on Hampshire !!

and damn my brother !!

P Marsden - 43 -51 AHHHH

are all australian teams set to get excellent rookies or what?!

Simon

lord_of_darkness said:
are all australian teams set to get excellent rookies or what?!
yeh, cause aus teams are better and irl procduce better youngsters :P
jk, coincidence i guess

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
S.A

P-Haylett - 42 FC 45 OD
F Hamlett - 45 FC 53 OD

Is that your rewards for all the hard work :P :P

LOL to be honest i didn't even take notice of Hamlett, i saw Haylett and was happy but now to see Hamlett as well i must say im very very pleased....

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Can't believe it.:( Pathetic rookies and all the better teams get the good ones.:( :!( Oh well

Simon

blewy, ur rookies stats are the other way around to what lord posted them.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Auckland thrilled!

Oliver O'Neil - Off Spinner
4D Bat : 40
4D Overs: 30
SR: 61
Econ: 59

OD Bat: 38
OD Overs: 9
SR: 36
Econ: 72
---
Zahib Roberts - Medium
4D Bat : 56
4D Overs: 8
SR: 69
Econ: 79

OD Bat: 41
OD Overs: 2
SR: 68
Econ: 106

Forgive me memory loss, when are rookies active from?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Liam basically you now have to decide whether you want to send the rookies to the academy or keep them in your squad for the VB Cup series...