• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 4 Rookies

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Blewy I find it a bit unfair that Auckland can breed 2 AWESOME players like that and Somerset none. I mean I can see maybe 1 good player, but two?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't think Auckland is one of the better teams.
well no but a lot of the good teams have very good players and also you got friggin' sweet players.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
Blewy I find it a bit unfair that Auckland can breed 2 AWESOME players like that and Somerset none. I mean I can see maybe 1 good player, but two?
I have no control over it mate, Its totally random generated from a program and whatever it spits out is what happens...

nibbs

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
yeah and SA don't seem to have any troubles either every single season :P . No but seriously Mr P, like Mr M said, its just the luck of the draw. Some people get lucky while others are unlucky. You didn't happen to an umbrella up inside recently or break a mirror in the last seven years?

Rich2001

International Captain
Well after last season's rookies the rubbish Scout was fired on the spot and it appears the newbie on the job is pretty rubbish as well :(

Unfortuantly Kent wont be setting the world on fire with star rookies this season and it's yet another two onto the scrap pile never to see the light of day.

It's a shame but makes little difference to me, iam just as happy to go trading at the end of the season, however I must admit that this rookie programe seems to do the same every year. Quite how WA aren't a force to be reconked with is baffling, they have taken home 50+ bats every season now!

But who cares about the end of the season, roll on the start of it first!!!! :lol:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what's the go Blewy, can we add these players to our squad of 16 for the v.b. cup only? or do we have to drop 2 to add the rookies?

I apologise my ignorance but I am a rookie manager also!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Wright, you have the choice of adding them to your 16 for the VB Cup or sending them off to the academy with the two Free State lepers.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
So what's the go Blewy, can we add these players to our squad of 16 for the v.b. cup only? or do we have to drop 2 to add the rookies?

I apologise my ignorance but I am a rookie manager also!
As Neil said above

Basically what we do is randomly create 2 rookies for your team, who you then own... basically they are exculded from playing for you this season (think of it as being notcied in the 2nd's and waitting for promotion) - However someone came up with the idea of sending players to the acadmey.

This had 2 advantages:

1 - You get to see how your player goes
2 - His avgerage could improve

Also those are the disadvantages too

So we decided if you didn't want to take the big risk you could instead keep your player at the club and only allow him to play VB Cup mathces... this way only your OD is effected and also if you have stunning player you could not play him at all to protect his avgerage, so he would be a real star next season.

nibbs

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
this way only your OD is effected and also if you have stunning player you could not play him at all to protect his avgerage, so he would be a real star next season.
does the vb cup count towards od averages now???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
VB Cup stats now will be counting to VB Cup averages only...

Because VB Cup is still being run on VC4 we are having seperate averages for VB Cup from OD Stats

Eclipse

International Debutant
D Crowe:
OD avrage 48
4D avrage 58

Ohh yeah baby!!

Jamaica have some sick batting talent now in there list now.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:

and i got quality rookies, do u think blewy is out to get ya.

will everyone stop frigen complaining, u get what ur given.

dont like it get nicked.

im sick of hearing how hard done by all these teams are.

u get top draft picks, and still not satisfied,

try going 2nd last in the draft and getting crap rookies.

get over it.!!!!!!