• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Friendlies?

nibbs

International Captain
Will there be any???

If there are, I would like to challenge the following teams to four day matches prior to the beginning of the season:
South Australia, Kent and Tamil Nadu to a one off four day match. It can be home or away, it doesn't really matter...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah good idea. Somerset I think will do the same, against preferably someone at our level, ie Auckland, Free State, ACT or Victoria

Cloete

International Captain
nibblet said:
Will there be any???

If there are, I would like to challenge the following teams to four day matches prior to the beginning of the season:
South Australia, Kent and Tamil Nadu to a one off four day match. It can be home or away, it doesn't really matter...
Tamil Nadu gladly accept

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. Ponting said:
Yeah good idea. Somerset I think will do the same, against preferably someone at our level, ie Auckland, Free State, ACT or Victoria
You can take me on in One Dayers - the 4D side is Jamee's responsibility.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts are happy to participate in freindlies vs Any teams in either form of the game

we would be keen to take on the new look kent side in particular as they look the team to beat this season

BUT trading will have to finish before any games happen i think

Rich2001

International Captain
nibblet said:
Will there be any???

Speaking after a training session with the lads Rich2001 said

"Kent would like to formally accept the match suggested by our fellow English outfit Warwickshire.

The boys are desprate to get on the field and show everyone what they can do, the FD side has been strenghten quite significantly in the off season and taking on a strong team like The Bears will allow me to gauge the teams balance before the start of the season.

Also on behalf of the Kent CCC Board, we would like to offer the following sides matches if they fancy a little run out - ALL matches offered are Four Day, as iam scared to see my One Day side in action :rolleyes:

- South Australia: If your going to see how your going to fair would better than the Champs!

- NSW

- Hampshire

- WP

- Colts

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Free State's OD side are ready to take on anyone who dares challenge them.

i will accept that challenge

3 game series?

1 @ colts, 1 @ FS and 1 neutral?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
yeh ACT will play Somerset, we are happy to play anyone.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I will be running friendlies for people but to save time i will be getting the program to pick the sides...

If i was to get people to pick their own sides it would make it a rushed job with only a few days between trade finishes and season start...

Graham

3rd Umpire
Lancashire are happy to play anybody.
It seems like Blewy might just do random ones for everybody anyway.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw are willing to play kent in a friendly, and anyone else who would like a game they are more than welcome.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
jamee999 said:
Free State's 4D will be happy to play any1 in Div 4 or 5 4D (I need to get to know my players
Colts would like to play some 4d games against you as well :)

dont mind if they are home or away

we would also like to play NSW in some 4d games