• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**OFFICIAL Season 4 Draws**

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok well here they are the OFFICIAL draws for Season 4...

This includes the pool groupings for the newly formatted VB Cup...

Any Questions/Problems post here...

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA, ACT and Kent in the same VB cup pool!
that should be very interesting

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, talk about hitting the ground running

4d - round 1 vs ACT and round 2 vs WP

1d - round 2 vs Mumbai and round 3 vs Karnataka

Simon

age_master said:
lol, talk about hitting the ground running
4d - round 1 vs ACT
im certain im more afraid of playing you than you are of playing me!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hehe. I play Free State first up. :)
You are also the whipping boy in the VB Cup Group of Death.

Karnataka
Auckland
Free State
Hampshire
Lancashire
Tamil Nadu

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:

Karnataka
Auckland
Free State
Hampshire
Lancashire
Tamil Nadu
I don't care about the VB Cup. :P I've already scheduled vacations for Round 2 onward.

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:

Karnataka
Auckland
Free State
Hampshire
Lancashire
Tamil Nadu
haha i'm so glad i've got economical bowlers. i have two main strike bowlers then the rest are economical. so who knows, maybe i can mange to just sneak in 2nd :D

nibbs

International Captain
Judging by the strength of my od side, we're expecting to not go very far in the VB Cup.

As for the one dayers, currently the plan is to avoid relegation, although I wont care that much if we go down division, but I wont be attempting to be relegated.

And as for the four dayers, we are looking foward to travelling to the mainland of Australia for the first time since season 2 to do battle with Western Australia. The Perth based team are a side I'm confident I can beat, but they still do enough to really scare me. My battles with Canterbury should be interesting. My side is by all means good enough to beat them, but its a question of doing it. Interestingly, I play my final four day game at Worcesters home ground again. Leicester I don't think will challenge, and neither will Glamorgan, although the prospect of doing battle against some of my former players sounds interesting. Ultimately the goal is to get promoted up to division two.

deckard

U19 Captain
I really have no idea how im going to go in any comp since ive never played any of the teams in my division before except Leics is OD. Ive got Surrey first up...hopefully Agarkar doesnt take revenge on his formet club...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
<<Press Release Western Province Cricket Club>>
The draw looks tough.

The highlight definately being the first week of cricket when we play the local derby against Free State. Both sides have never met before and look very evenly matched for one dayers.

The four dayer draws has once again been set up to enhance the 3-horse race theory, with ACT, Colts and us all vying for promotion.
Having to play the Comets last round will be tough, but it may well decide who goes through, and playing Colts 2nd round of the 4 dayers will also be tough.

The VB cup draw is a solid one, whilst not being impossible Province will have to work hard to get through with Mumbai, Surrey and Yorkshire all very strong teams.

nibbs

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
Surrey and Yorkshire all very strong teams.
you shouldn't worry buddy. Surrey and Yorkshire are terribly overrated and you should smash them, with ease...

Craig

World Traveller
The posting of attachments is an evil conspircy against me to prevent me from seeing things that I should see, so therefore I am disadvantaged.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
The Board and Management of the Northern Districts Cricket Club are very happy with the draws for the coming season.

"We are very happy with the draw and are looking forward to all matches with our new-look team" Team Manager Eyes_Only said today