• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A suggestion concerning next seasons rookies

nibbs

International Captain
I'm not exactly sure how the new sim will work but it would appear experience will be a key thing.

Rookies are generally meant to be inexperienced when entering the big league. I'm not exactly sure but the magic mark of games, is meant to be something like 40. Now how it can be that some rookies have come through from last seasons crop with 50 games, while the likes of B Allen and T Darden who are now both entering their third season in the league only have 27 and 24 respectivley. This is saying that these rookies have nearly twice as much experience than two players who now have two seasons under their belt, when those rookies haven't had to have up to the likes of Karnataka or South Australia.

The point I want to make is that rookies should be below the mark of 40 games. By putting them above 50 doens't make sense, giving them a clear advantage, while Allen and Darden will have to wait until the start of season 6 before they start a new season with 40+ games...

So, IMO there should be a cap on the amount of games a rookie can have, something like 35...

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The vc4 files that I received to run the academy series had the rookies already with a number of games under their belts. They ranged from 10 to 40 games. These files would have been done up before any criteria were laid down about stats being affected by experience. I agree future rookies should be restricted to around the 10 game mark. After the academy series this should rise to 20-30 games.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Next Seasons Rookies will have a limit of 20 games when they are generated...