• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Y.Snow/Hampshire Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok after talking to some of the board members it was decided that the best way to solve this issue was to give Hampshire a duplicate of Y .Snow....

This has been done and the following things have taken place...

C Tremlett has now been placed into the Draft List..
He will be available for selection from Round 3 onwards...

Y.Snow will remain at Free State, whilst a player by the name of T.Thomas has been placed into the Hampshire squad...

I.Brunnschweiller a WK with aves of 12(1d) and 9(4d) has been removed to make way for Thomas...

To clear up, Y.Snow was originally a 15 bat but in the data update it seems there was an error and it was posted as 51...

We felt it was not fair on Free State to take Y.Snow off them and this was the best possible solution..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Hampshire Cricket Board Chairman and Coach Reuben is very pleased by the World Club Cricket Boards decision..

"The matter was sorted out really well.. and the board would like to thank the Wcc Board on a well made decision.. Hampshire Cricket Board would like to welcome onboard T Thomas who will fill the gap in the OD with his avg of 51 in batting and he has been re christened to T Thomas after my grandad who taught me cricket and got me into it fully and loving it.
The Hampshire Board would also like to congragulate the decision made as it didnt affect the emerging Free state side that needs all the development and players with caliber such as Y Snow.. "

End of press Conference

Graham

3rd Umpire
A sensible decision Blewy and one that is fair to both parties.
A little different to the sordid M.Saggers/G.Richards affair in which somebody was obviously dishonest, but we had to believe both parties in order to settle the problem!
And no, I'm not wanting to start a flame war as that is a long gone incident in the history of WCC! Besides, all competitions have their little controversies now and then!

nibbs

International Captain
interesting...

I don't mean to spark the flame into life, but what exactly happened in this G.Richards/M.Sagger Affair??? You don't need to name names, but just an account of what happened...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
No need to worry the issue is now 2 seasons old, and there is no need to comment on it...

I am closing this thread as well as i feel this issue is over....

Status
Not open for further replies.