• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official WCC Season 3 Awards**

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
One Day Batsman of the Year
Division 1 D.Lehmann(SA)
Division 2 C.Richards(NSW)
Division 3 O.Hemp(Glam)
Division 4 M.Sinclair(Cant)
Division 5 M.Dawn(ACT)

Four Day Batsman of the Year
Division 1 B.Lara(NSW)
Division 2 M.Jayawardene(Kent)
Division 3 S.Sriram(War)
Division 4 E.Howarth(Auck)
Division 5 S.Maxwell(ACT)

One Day Bowler of the Year
Division 1 H.Axelby(SA)
Division 2 D.Ferguson(NSW)
Division 3 A.Jones(Karn)
Division 4 S.Muller(Leics)
Division 5 M.Ramage(ACT)

Four Day Bowler of the Year
Division 1 W.Younis(Mum)
Division 2 T.Hawkins(Kent)
Division 3 D.Kaneria(War)
Division 4 O.Clarke(Cant)
Division 5 M.Sami(Kar)

All-Rounder of the Year
One Day L.Klusener(Colts)
Four Day T.Petal (Mash)
Overall M.Beasley(Colts)

Rookie of the Year
E.Howarth(Warwicks)

Manager of the Year
One Day Blewy(SA)
Four Day Cloete(Tamil Nadu)
Overall Blewy(SA)

Wicket-Keeper of the Year
One Day K Sangakarra (Vic)
Four Day J Paranjpe (Mum)

Team of the year
South Australia

Cricketweb Player of the Year
T.Hawkins(Kent)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Also to go with the Innaugural WCC Awards 3 Past players have been inducted into the WCC Hall Of Fame...

These 3 greats are as follows

-M.Waugh (NSW)
-G.Hick(Worcs, WA)
-C.Hooper(Yorks)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cannot beleive that Shewag was not the div 4 4d batsman for the season :o:o:o

However i am pleased that my 2 all rounders both recieved recognition for their outstanding performances throughout the year

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
First of all well done for the players who won the awards.:) Great effort.

But i have to say, hats off to Blewy, SA have been magnificent.8D :cool2: :)

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:

Four Day Cloete(Tamil Nadu)
Overall Blewy(SA)
After the awards had been announced the Tamil Nadu Tigers' Manager was asked to speak a few words on his new award. The conference went like this:

Interviewer: "Congratulations on your much deserved award. Would you be so kind as to answer a few questions for us?"

Andrew: "Thanks but I really think it was teh boys who pulled through at the end of the day. So they all deserve an award as well, a real team effort. I'd be delighted to answer all you questions."

Interviewer: "Mr Cloete you have transformed a somewhat lack-luster Tamil outfit into an emerging force ready to step up to the challenge of any team. How have you been able to make such a drastic change?

Andrew: "Well I always knew the Tamil team had alot of talent. Unfortunaetly due to past managers neglect they have been facing an uphill battle. Basically just some good trading and a few draft picks have got us there.."

Interviewer:"Is there any special players that the rest of the WCC teams should watch out for next season?"

Andrew: "To be honest I can't really comment currently. Alot can happen during the draft and the trading that follows. However there are two players that WON'T be leaving the Tigers under any circumstances. They are Nick Kumble and Zac Birch, two young exciting prospects both playing for the Tigers. I expect to see great things form them for seasons to come."

Interviewer: "You have been calling the Tamil Nadu team the Tigers alot lately. Is there any special reasoning behind that?"

Andrew: "Well nowadays most teams have a particular character they're known as, take Lancashire Lightning or Queensland Bulls for example. We've decided that we'll adopt the name Tamil Tigers. The tiger currently isn't in use due to Tasmania changing their name to Panda's. We feel it flows with the team name and decided to take advantage of the fact it was free."

Interviewer: "There's a big All Star Series coming up next week and you have been chosen to manage the Rest of World Four-Day team with Wester Province manager Ian Markus. What are your thoughts on your team, the change of format and the other teams involved?"

Andrew: "I have indeed been asked to manage the Rest of the World four-day team and I am very honoured and thrilled to do so. I think both in one-day and four-day The Rest Of The World team has the most depth and stars. Ian and I have named Waqar as captain and Kale as vice. We hope the two experienced campaigners will lead by example and hopefully guide us to victory. I think compared to the otehr teams we should be able to bag it. Oceania will be our toughest opposition but both Ian and I are confident we can pull through and take out the tournament. Also I have to add bets of luck to Neil and Andrew in the One-Day series. Hopefully the ROW boys can bring it home in both forms. In regards to the change of format, I think it's a change for the better. The old one was getting quite tedious and to be honest not too many people really took an interest, this new and exciting format really livens things up and assures every team of having a player playing for them.

Interviewer: "Thanks for your time and once again congratulations on winning the award."

Andrew: "It's a pleasure. I'd also like to thank all the board members for voting me in for the award."

nibbs

International Captain
yay Kaneria. Well deserved award there.

yay Sriram!?!?! didn't expect to see his name there. But I guess its a reward for that WCC record innings of 270 or something???

One query. Unless I'm mistaken Hawkins and E.Howarth are both rookies. So how did Hawkins not to the Player-Rookie double???

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
A Fat Naked man rides in on the back of horse with a new award

Unluckiest team of the year

Western Province

The crowd cheer
Slats4ever cries

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:

Interviewer: "You have been calling the Tamil Nadu team the Tigers alot lately. Is there any special reasoning behind that?"

Andrew: "Well nowadays most teams have a particular character they're known as, take Lancashire Lightning or Queensland Bulls for example. We've decided that we'll adopt the name Tamil Tigers. The tiger currently isn't in use due to Tasmania changing their name to Panda's. We feel it flows with the team name and decided to take advantage of the fact it was free."
are you linked with the terrorist group???

deckard

U19 Captain
Blewy said:
One Day Batsman of the Year
Division 4 M.Sinclair(Cant)

Four Day Bowler of the Year
Division 4 O.Clarke(Cant)
Nice to see ive picked up a couple of awards.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
thats tooo funy

nsw manager not happy with the one day year side.
nsw winning div 2 yet can not get a single player into the team of the year.

thats tooo funny

m bevan averaged 104 @ 416
d ferguson averaged 14.63 with 16 wickets (rookie)

cheers

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
thats tooo funy

nsw manager not happy with the one day year side.
nsw winning div 2 yet can not get a single player into the team of the year.

thats tooo funny

m bevan averaged 104 @ 416
d ferguson averaged 14.63 with 16 wickets (rookie)

cheers
You think you were hard done by...

I won both competitions pretty easily yet only got 2 players out of 22 players in both squads.....

I spoke to Simon and i accept his decisions even if i thought i could've have more in...