• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Surrey vote of confidence

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Surrey board have vowed to stick behind their manager, despite 2 relegations this season, since he did a fine job the season before.

An anonymous member of the board said - "At least we get to visit new places next season"

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
The Surrey board have vowed to stick behind their manager, despite 2 relegations this season, since he did a fine job the season before.

An anonymous member of the board said - "At least we get to visit new places next season"
Well Marc it's been nice knowing you :D

Managers dread that vote of confidence, they are always sacked within a week after it.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
a place opening up?

i just checked out warwicks...they got a great team, why do you need a vote of confidence, with a team like that, surely it cant be THAT hard..and isnt the sim based on the avgs, etc so how the hell is warwicks failing?

nibbs

International Captain
how much did you pay the board Marc? 5 wins out of 20 matches. A stunning 25% success rate. You r supporters must have expected so much, but you gave them back so little. You made them believe your bowlers sh.t didn't smell, but as the season begun it was suddenly smelt from all corners.

Tell me at home games, what kind of reception do you get?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If anyone knows how the bowling attack that was the best in the game in Season 2 could all suddenly become rank in one go, can they let me know? It made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
If anyone knows how the bowling attack that was the best in the game in Season 2 could all suddenly become rank in one go, can they let me know? It made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
they were always playing above their weight that season, and this season their normal abilities come out to show...