• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Night of Nights

nibbs

International Captain
In a stunning night of nights Warwickshire held their end of season awards dinner.

A number of top celebrities turned up, including Will Carling, Emma Bunton, Robbie Williams, super models Kate Moss and Helena Christensen, Britney Spears, Brad Pitt, Harrison Ford and Wynona Ryder. Then the players all turned up. Some brought along girlfriends and wifes. Notably Ghulam Ali was not present. He had had a bust up with manager Kurt Christensen during the week, and was told not to show. Finally the last limosine pulled up and Warwickshire manager Kurt Chirstensen stole the show, as he stepped out onto the Red Carpet with no other than Welsh Saprano Charlotte Chruch 8D :O .

Then after a number of bullsh.t speeches from the the Chairman and club President the show got under way. The opening award for the night was the one day batsmen of the season. All agreed that Daniel Howarth averaging 61 for the season was the right man for the award.

The second award was the one day bowler of season. This area of Warwickshires game was by far their weakest. Although no had done anything that special, Pakistani Danish Kaneria deservedly won the award.

Finally the one day player of the season . This was done on a points system:

Anderson 23
Ealham 19
Kaneria 18
Howarth 18

Derick Anderson in his final season of cricket won the award. Although he did not average as high as Howarth he took the award on the points he acumulated from 10 games. Howarth only played 7 being the main reason for Anderson victory in this category. None the less he deserved the award, and we wish him well for whatever he does with the rest of life.

Next rookie of the season was up for grabs. Warwickshire three rookies on their books this season. The were batsmen Daniel Howarth, pace bowler Ben Gregson, and wicketkeeper Zane McDonald. This award was contested hotly between Howarth and Gregson before Howarth finally took it by only 11 points.

Onto four day. The first award in this catergory was the four day bowler of the season. And as expect Kaneria did the double taking out this award as well the one day bowler award.

The four day batsmen of the season had too candidates. Shridhan Sriram and Daniel Howarth. Although Howarth scored more runs than Sriram, Sriram did make a WCC record 270 during the season. But overall consistency gave the award to Howarth. His third of the night.

The second to last award was the four day player of the season. Warwickshire didn;t have any allrounders this season so this award was going to be interesting. Again it was done on points and here are the final standings:

Howarth 24
Kaneria 23
Gregson 23
Sriram 19

Howarth with a late burst of form captured the award pipping Kaneria and Gregson at the post. In his final three four day games for the season he made 84, 66, 152*, 10 and 115* to finish with a very healthy record.

With only one award to go and the tension brewing on came Irish group B*witched who casted a spell on the audience singing their hit single Rollercoaster. The crowd was now a real buzz waiting for the final award.

And at least the waiting had ended as manager Kurt Christensen made his way to the stage with the all important envelope in his hand. He talked of the great progress the club was making, although not one goal the club at set was achieved and unlike the previous speeches of the eveving everyone listened with evident enjoyment. Finally the points players had gathered during the season had some kind fo meaning:

1. Howarth (r) 391
2. Gregson (r) 380
3. Kaneria 361
4. Anderson 301
5. Sriram 216
6. Hemanath 160
7. Ealham 143
8. Hasnain 145
9. Lawson 135
10. McDonald (r) 117

Howarth took home his fifth award of the night. And it could very well be the same next season...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

Somerset cricket club attended the Warwickshire Awards night amid much confusion tonight.

The retiring Jimmy Adams and also Somerset manager Guy Kerridge came to the awards. Kerridge won to annual 'Best Somerset Manager' award.

Speaking after the function, Kerridge said, "The night was damn well fun, i'll say that much. Well done to the Warwickshire manager. Congrats to them on a good year and well done."

There was one correction to be made, however. Nibblet did not turn up with Charlotte Church. He turned up with the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church

Slats4ever

Slats Outrage

Western Provinces' manager Slats4ever is slightly peeved off to say the least about being left off the invitation list to this exclusive party.
He had kitted himself out in swimmers and everything only to be turned down at the door for being too drunk.
He ended up sitting in Worcester Maccas' with Agemaster and Cloete drowning away their sorrows that they had been turned away from the occasion, the big mac and fries and new salad from their health plus menu went down well together, and the boys had their own party with 3 cheap Taiwanese prostitutes who were on holidays.

Don't expect to get an invite to Province Mr Nib

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Former manager marc71178 was upset at his snub, but understands that it would be wrong to hold onto past glories and wishes the club well for the future.

deckard

U19 Captain
Canterbury manager Deckard didnt turn up as he lost his invite. He believes Wynona stole it when she stayed the night.

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Slats Outrage

Slats4ever said:
and the boys had their own party with 3 cheap Taiwanese prostitutes who were on holidays.
i don't go "out" with Asians :P;).

no racism involved btw

nibbs

International Captain
Re: Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

Mr. Ponting said:
Somerset cricket club attended the Warwickshire Awards night amid much confusion tonight.

The retiring Jimmy Adams and also Somerset manager Guy Kerridge came to the awards. Kerridge won to annual 'Best Somerset Manager' award.

Speaking after the function, Kerridge said, "The night was damn well fun, i'll say that much. Well done to the Warwickshire manager. Congrats to them on a good year and well done."

There was one correction to be made, however. Nibblet did not turn up with Charlotte Church. He turned up with the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church
I would just like to state Somerset were not invited to the awards dinner and did not come. As I expected the jealous Somerset manager attempted to wreak the night, just because Nibblet had was with the gal who he'd had a crush on for some many years. In his drunken state he tryed to enter the hall. So we deployed security guard Gary Coleman on him and he did trick.

Mr Ponting has been banned for life from entering Warwickshire CC facilities in the future...

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Former manager marc71178 was upset at his snub, but understands that it would be wrong to hold onto past glories and wishes the club well for the future.
Well Marc you see, although your welcome to come back and stand on the hallow turf of our new stadium, I reccomend a lot of security. You see the way you abandoned your side about a year ago just p.ssed off the fans a lot. So when Surrey travel to Birmingham next season watch out!

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Slats Outrage

Rich2001 said:
From the sounds of thing there was no going out involded, it was all indoors :saint: :P :lol:
:O This coming from a captain?? geez rich. let's just get this straight, there were never asians with ME! just some European Models 8D:)

Mr. P

Re: Re: Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

nibblet said:
I would just like to state Somerset were not invited to the awards dinner and did not come. As I expected the jealous Somerset manager attempted to wreak the night, just because Nibblet had was with the gal who he'd had a crush on for some many years. In his drunken state he tryed to enter the hall. So we deployed security guard Gary Coleman on him and he did trick.

Mr Ponting has been banned for life from entering Warwickshire CC facilities in the future...
I'll be back! (With Charlotte Church:D)

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: Slats Outrage

Cloete said:
:O This coming from a captain?? geez rich. let's just get this straight, there were never asians with ME! just some European Models 8D:)
LOL this coming from a Vice Captain :P :saint: :lol:

Why I was busting a gut saving the guys from a collapse (hitting 67* from 8th) you were swaning of with the ladies, the selectors will hear about this :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slats Outrage

Rich2001 said:

Why I was busting a gut saving the guys from a collapse (hitting 67* from 8th) you were swaning of with the ladies, the selectors will hear about this :lol:
meh it was worth it :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: Re: Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

nibblet said:
What if you guys have to play each other?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slats Outrage

Rich2001 said:

We aren't concerned with what you guys do off the field. So once Cloete performs on the field, he can have all the Asians he wants. ;)

nibbs

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slats Outrage

Cloete said:
meh it was worth it :P
He'll have to watch it on TV. But the odds of me playing him are slim. I can't see Somerset escaping division 4 for a long time. I wont be dropping from division 3 for the for seeable future.

nibbs

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

Mr. Ponting said:
I'll be back! (With Charlotte Church:D)
Unlikely. Charlotte was left shaken by your antics, so the following morning we went into court and had a restraining order pasted against you, meaning that you can't come within 500 feet of Miss Church.

Mr. P

Re: Re: Re: Re: Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

nibblet said:
Unlikely. Charlotte was left shaken by your antics, so the following morning we went into court and had a restraining order pasted against you, meaning that you can't come within 500 feet of Miss Church.
*Mr. Ponting slumps home unhappily until a person comes out of the shadows. There identity is mysterious, but not until they say...."Nibblets a prick". Mr. P knows at once it is Charlotte Church, and hes right! They go home and seal themselves up inside the house forevermore to make steamy, intimate love*

nibbs

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somerset Reps Attend Warwickshire Awards Dinner

Mr. Ponting said:
*Mr. Ponting slumps home unhappily until a person comes out of the shadows. There identity is mysterious, but not until they say...."Nibblets a prick". Mr. P knows at once it is Charlotte Church, and hes right! They go home and seal themselves up inside the house forevermore to make steamy, intimate love*
just then Mr. Ponting wakes up...