• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OCEANIA All Star Thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sixteen-man squad announced for Four Day All Star Series
Oceania Cricket - October 9, 2003

Oceania Cricket today announced that the Regional Selection Panel (RSP) has chosen a 16-man squad for the First Class All Star Series against The Rest of the World and the United Kingdom, beginning in South Africa on October 17.

The squad is:

- D.Lehmann(SA) - (c)
- B.Lara(NSW) - (vc)
- R.Webster(Vic)
- S.Manjrekar(Vic) - (wk)
- M.Jenkins(SA)
- M.Kasprowicz(QLD)
- N.Pothas(QLD) - (wk)
- J.Gillespie(Tas)
- F.Akram(Tas)
- M.Muralitharan(TAS)
- D.Martyn(WA)
- S.Maxwell(ACT)
- S.Mann(ACT)
- E.Howarth(Auck)
- O.Clarke(Cant)
- S.Styris(ND)

RSP Members Brendon Goff and Simon Fitzsimmons told the media conference today: "We feel that the squad has the necessary depth for this Series, We have focused alot on youth but with a few guys with experience who will lead from the front".

"There were a few guys who were unlucky but most have been selected in the One Day version".

"We feel that Oceania cricket is still flying high and we are confident that we can take out both Series".

"The Squad will meet in Sydney this weekend for a Medical and a weekend of bonding before getting down to business early next week, At this stage all reports are that all players will be 100% fit".

Tickets for the Home matches can be purchased through Oceania Cricket on 1300 12 34 56.

© 2003 Oceania Cricket

Last edited:

deckard

U19 Captain
heh just realised it said that in the title...

Canterbury would like express their dissapointment in Mills not being selected. If reports are true he is currently crying at his mother's place.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
oceania one day squad

*news flash*

Bugsy and coach pearson have named there 16 man squad for the one day series

1 K.Sangakarra
2 R.Stratton
3 M.Bevan
4 J.Hopes
5 S.Anwar
6 S.Hazare
7 M.Ramage
8 S.De Jong
9 M.Sinclair
10 P.Rofe
11 M.Dawn
12 T.Welsford
13 H.Axelby
14 D.Ferguson
15 T.Canning
16 J.Maher

RSP Members bugssy and coach told the media conference today: "We feel that the squad has the necessary depth for this Series, We have focused alot on youth but with a few guys with experience who will lead from the front".

"We feel that Oceania cricket is still flying high and we are confident that we can take out both Series".

"The Squad will meet in Sydney this weekend, with the 4day squad for a Medical and a weekend of bonding before getting down to business early next week, At this stage all reports are that all players will be 100% fit".

Tickets for the Home matches can be purchased through Oceania Cricket on 1300 12 34 56.

David

International 12th Man
- J.Gillespie(Tas)
- F.Akram(Tas)
- M.Muralitharan(TAS)

Haha, good to see the weak Oceania squad relying heavily on the bowling attack of Tasmania

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh please, you guys have got nothing on us. I see the real competition coming from the rest of world boys.

enjoy your wooden spoons rich boys and have fun getting thrashed.

*Note* The opinions expressed in the above post do not necisarily represent the views of the Oceania Cricket board

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
oh please, you guys have got nothing on us. I see the real competition coming from the rest of world boys.
i tend to agree that the tightest matches will be between the Ocianians and the ROW, though we have made it quite clear to our players not to underestimate the UK teams. Players like Bevan and Ramage are exceptionally talented and present a much greater threat than anyone in the UK squad. as for the 4 dayers the likes of Lehmann, Lara, O Clarke,Muralitheran, E howarth and ofcourse Jenkins look alot more dangerous than the UK boys, despite the inclusion of kent superstar Hawkins.

i think that it will be close bewteen all sides but i expect the ROW sides to pull through in both forms, with the Aussies and Kiwi's alot closer behind than the pommies :):)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
age_master said:
i tend to agree that the tightest matches will be between the Ocianians and the ROW, though we have made it quite clear to our players not to underestimate the UK teams. Players like Bevan and Ramage are exceptionally talented and present a much greater threat than anyone in the UK squad. as for the 4 dayers the likes of Lehmann, Lara, O Clarke,Muralitheran, E howarth and ofcourse Jenkins look alot more dangerous than the UK boys, despite the inclusion of kent superstar Hawkins.

i think that it will be close bewteen all sides but i expect the ROW sides to pull through in both forms, with the Aussies and Kiwi's alot closer behind than the pommies :):)
Wrong. Have you guys looked at our side? We are so great. Prepare to be mauled by the poms. And those demmed muppets from the ROW will have a team who are as bad as Bin Ladens social skills.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
4 bwoling SR's under 26, A Jones, S Sharath, some of the greatest OD players in WCC history, along side some players from the Great Southern Land called Lehmann and Bevan.:P:P

nibbs

International Captain
The UK 4d line up is awesome...
Howarth (58), Kambli (62), Flower (54), Dravid (54), W.Tendulkar (51), Jayawardene (50), Ponting (52).

To go along with the bowling attributes of Gregson, Hawkins and Harwood. Add one more bowler to that mix and we've got quite a team...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
The UK 4d line up is awesome...
Howarth (58), Kambli (62), Flower (54), Dravid (54), W.Tendulkar (51), Jayawardene (50), Ponting (52).
The irony of course is that, none of them are British!

Cloete

International Captain
Check out the ROW batting line-up:

R Llewellyn 60, A Kale 59.36, V Sehwag 54.65, T Darden 66, S Graham 58, L Ronchi 50 (WK), M Beasley 41, F Maqbool 25, M Shrinivas 28. 9 out of the 11 starting the first game against Oceania. Just a "touch" better than England :D:lol:

How about your bowling?? ours is(strike rates):

I Nelson 37, F Maqbool 39, M Beasley 37, W Younis 40, M Shrinivas 46.

Let's hope we win our first game :D:lol: