• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

VB Cup Final - Preview

Rich2001

International Captain
VB Cup Final – Leics vs Lancs @ The Cricket Web Oval

The VB Cup Final comes to town this week with a all English feel, far from the dominating Aussie of the past ;)

Both teams deserve huge respect for doing a fantastic job while never really getting the attention they thoroughly deserve maybe it’s due to the quieter nature on the forum who knows.

Leics started the season as relegation certainties with most managers saying they were too weak to hack it in the big time however they were one of the best sides in D3 (Four Day) and leading for the first half of the season before a slight decline to finish mid table.

Leics road to the final was a tough one from the start with a massive win over one of the best sides in WCC NSW and (not being biased) the Semi Final was a huge shock to beat Kent (last years finalist and finished 2nd D1) they out played us on the day and rightly so will play a final against.....

....Lancashire who also have been one of the most consistent sides in WCC, they haven’t always relied on the World Stars to do their work, but have a great bunch of lads overall that get the job done on a regular basis and are a very tough side to beat with no particular weakness in their line up to exploit.

Lancashire road to the final wasn’t any easier than their opposition, having to defeat the likes of WP, Karnataka and Yorkshire on route to the big showdown and not forgetting Victoria in the Semis.

The Final itself is a tough one to pick and personally I would love either manager to win as they both thoroughly deserve it, however I think going into the final Lancashire have to be the favourites, but Leics have the players who on their day can destroy even the best of sides as they proved on route to the final.

Overall it should be a fantastic day and great entertainment for all of the fans that will make the trip to the Cricket Web Oval, and best of luck to both David and Graham. :)

Rich's Opinion - Lancashire to win by 20 runs OR 2 Wickets

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
being the nsw manager i feel leics will over come this game.

winning the ca cup in the 1st year the pressure has been on the glory side to produce the type of form that seen the blues ca cup champs and div 1 runners up , but form in the 25 over comp has got passed and my hands go out to both teams in the final and good luck.