• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 4 final round Preview

What will happen??

• Colts win, WP get into playoff

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Colts win, Cant get into playoff

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • WP win, Colts get into playoff

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • WP win, Cant get into playoff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cant win, Colts get into playoff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cant win, WP get into playoff

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Division 4 i beleive is the most closley contested division in WCC, after 9 rounds there are still 3 teams with a very good chance of taking out the title. Colts, WP and Canterbury.

The Standings with 1 round to go:

Colts - 104
WP - 95
Canterbury - 95
Somerset - 67
Victoria - 61
Auckland - 35

The title race made even more interesting with WP and Colts playing at WP in the final round. Last time these sides met the colts started well scoring 527 in our first innings, WP replied with 425. After this however the game was turned on its head with a brilliant spell of bowling from Nelson taking 6/14 and Lee cleaning up the tail with 4/19, colts 40 all out. WP went on to take the game by 9 wickets. The result of this game is too hard to pick.

Canterbury, after a brilliant start to the season has fallen away. the drop in form including losses to the Colts, WP and Somerset ( i think).

Canterbury play Victoria at home this week and i would say favourites to win. the are 9 points behind the colts. if the win, they will almost certainly get promoted or play a play-off. if they lose however, they must rely on WP also losing to get a place in the play off.

so whos gonna win, and who will not evern attain a playoff spot?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
My money's on Colts topping the division and Province making the play off. I think Canterbury's form slump will continue and Victoria are still keen as mustard to win as they require it to secure a div 4 spot next year.
I feel that Colts will be so fired up from losing last time to Province, and Province will be sluggish after their play off relegation in one day they will be slow out've the blocks.

nibbs

International Captain
IMO, Colts will win comfortably, as will Victoria leaving WP stranded in third place...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wonder if Blewy would clarify how we separate 2 teams (or more) that finish level on points in Four Day.

After my 3-way tie finish in the One Day, this one could be just as close!

Rich2001

International Captain
Iam not sure on the method Blewy will use but I guess

- Most Wins
- Matches vs each other

Would be up there as a fair method

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again Rich is 100% right...

Firstly it will be determined on who has the most wins...
If still level then it will be determined on matches played vs each other...

If still level then least amount of losses...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets hope and pray that it don't come to that, but it it does then probably be the most bat points or something like that...

Cloete

International Captain
I don't think it's the closest in WCC history. Because it's almost exactly the same in Div 2.

Going into the Final round.

Karnataka 105 pts
Lancashire 93 pts
Tamil Nadu 91 pts
Kent 63 pts
Hampshire 47 pts
Western Aus 43 pts

In the last matches:

Karna @ home to WA
Lancs @ home to TN
Hamps @ home to Kent

If Karna lose and one of TN or Lancs win and gain a fair amount of bonus points. Then TN or Lancs will go through. The loser of TN and Lancs won't have any chance of div 1. WHile the winner is assured atleast a play-off. Karna is assured of atleast a play-off as well. So it's anyone in the top three who can get through. On the other side. WA can't be safe, but can hope for a play-off spot if they were to beat Karna. Hamps can get clear if they pick up ALOT of bonus points and beat Kent who have to get minimal points. So every1's in with a shot at something even WA can get a play-off spot instead of automatic relegation.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah, we are closer, top team 9 pts in front and 2nd 2 tied. in yours Karna is a few more in frnt and dontr look like much chance of losing. so lancs will play TN for the promotion playoff.

PS im pretty sure that Colts vs Cant is one each and WP vs Cant is one each.

nibbs

International Captain
D3 is very close. Tasmania and Warwickshire are tied for the lead. Sure theres only 2 teams in the with a chance, but its just as close when you consider that they are leading...

Cloete

International Captain
yeah and i lost to lancs by 150 odd runs. crumbled in the last innings. but it's probably better to be in div 2 than 1.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well it was a tight one, that's for sure.

WP weren't so happy to find out that if they'd scored 6 more or bowled the opposition out for 4 less they'd have won an extra bonus point and with it the league!

Also, Canterbury picked up a bonus point by just 2 runs!

Couldn't have been much tighter - well played all teams, and thanks for a great season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Well it was a tight one, that's for sure.

WP weren't so happy to find out that if they'd scored 6 more or bowled the opposition out for 4 less they'd have won an extra bonus point and with it the league!

Also, Canterbury picked up a bonus point by just 2 runs!

Couldn't have been much tighter - well played all teams, and thanks for a great season.

yeah it was extreamley close, thanks for simming it marc :)